Inspire 1 with Capture App IOS

just completed a 1.2km x 0.3km area with the inspire 1.  I didn’t find the (stop to take a photo) behaviour a problem.  The app only allows a max of 200x200m grid which took the inspire around 6 mins to complete each grid(9 in total).

the only glitchy issue was that sometimes pre takeoff,  the app would only display “connected to usb extender” and not “connected to drone”  so preventing a takeoff.  sometimes rebooting everything would sort, sometimes not. Any ideas Pixd?

to clear some electrical pylons safely a mission height of 90m was set with overlap of 82%.  Results were great with an avg gsd of 3.73cm.

I wasn’t aware of the 200m x 200m limitation, that’s very small IMHO.

Just as a comparison, I usually map a 600m x 600m area (similar to your 1200m x 300m) in about 15 minutes total, from about 120m AGL at a speed of 12-15m/s, taking an image every 1 or 2 second. The avg GSD is similar to your 3.73 cm.

Note that 15 minutes compared to 54 minutes is quite a difference, isn’t it?

It sure is. Are you using inspire 1 with the pix4d capture app for that? Pretty sure as soon as I dragged my grid over 200m in either orientation it would allow takeoff.

thanks for the feedback!

I’m using Pix4Dcapture with my Inspire 1 Pro, yes.

> Pretty sure as soon as I dragged my grid over 200m in either orientation it would allow takeoff.
What do you mean, over 200m, does it still allow takeoff or not?