Importing Multiple Regions of Interest

Is there anyway to import multiple regions simultaneously into Pix4d Mapper? I have research plots that we have GPS’d and have converted into shp files. Would like to do all of a single treatment (with multiple replications) at once. Possible?

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, at this moment you cannot import multiple ROIs in Pix4D. After your step 3 is done and you generate the index map, you need to import your shapefiles one after another and click on generate NDVI/any other index. When you import another shp file, the previous one disappears. Thus you can get the mean index of only one region at a time.

Hi, I am trying to import 25 individual .shp file regions into Pix4D Mapper so that I can generate an NDVI index map to compare differences. Each time I add one .shp the previous one disappears. I have tried ‘select all’ but this does not work.
Can you help me with this project please?

Would you please let us know if you are trying to import a processing area following the instruction below?

In that case, only one processing area can be used at a time.

Warm regards,

Hi Yuka,

The workflow that I am trying to do is in the Index Calculator. I have created the Reflectance Map and now need to create the individual trial plots so that they can be assessed individually then compared between and amongst groups of plots.

You will see in the attached images the layout of the trial. if I import one shape file of a plot the one imported previously disappears. In this case I need to import 25 separate shape file so that your software can give me the statistics on each.

I retraced every plot using the Regions in the Index Calculator but this took a very long time and if I try to import a shape file to add to the Regions all of my laboriously created regions disappear.

Also I upgraded to the latest version to try and fix a problem where I have no background map. After the upgrade I had a background map for some minutes but now there is nothing again. Can you assist me with this please.

Cheers,

image001.png

You are right, at the moment, important a shapefile will overwrite other regions. If you work with several regions, it is better to merge them into one individual shapefile.

Pix4DFields will be a much better option for you. You can now draw multiple regions (or import) in Pix4DFields and then export the statistics as csv: Download PIX4Dfields