How to resume mission after battery change

Hi Jimmy,

I wrote the same words because the status is the same :). We are putting efforts to develop the multi-battery feature which is among the highest priorities, but we apply a two-week sprint to develop the app. Some sprints our developers and UX designers work on it, other sprints they don’t because they can have short tasks that are more important.

But this feature is still in our release pipeline although we are not able to give precise information about when it is going to happen.

As Adam highlighted, you can also use other flight apps in the meantime.

@Paul Voitier

I’m looking into other software as well, the battery resume is just one of the many downfalls with pix4d capture. You can readabout my and other peoples experiences here: https://community.pix4d.com/t/3519-PIX4D-Capture-experiences-with-DJI#gsc.tab=0 

Others have mentioned some apps that you should look into. Maps Made Easy mobile app says it allows for any processing software to be used: https://www.dronesmadeeasy.com/map_pilot_app 

Someone has mentioned DJI Ground Station Pro to me recently but I have not messed with it. They use it in conjunction with http://www.airgon.com/loki.html and said no problems at all.

Best,

Dan

1 Like

EDIT: The content of this comment is deemed as not appropriate and is therefore moderated.

1 Like

EDIT: The content of this comment is deemed as not appropriate and is therefore moderated.

1 Like

Does anyone know if Michael is ok? Should we send a wellness check!

@Jon Ernest @daniel lench @Paul Voitier: Your comments have been edited, because their content is considered to be either spam or inappropriate. This type of behavior is not tolerated on this community. Further actions such as these may lead to have your accounts blocked from posting more content. Even though I understand your frustration, let’s please remain courteous in the way we communicate on this community. As for the delays that are piling up. We have taken an open approach, where we always communicate the latest information that is available to us on the status of development, in order to be as transparent as possible with our community. In a rapidly changing and evolving market, business priorities can change and giving accurate predictions on release dates is tricky. Personally, I want to give as much information as possible to the community so that you know our current estimations. I would feel it as a loss if we have to change this. Your feedback and comments are welcome and a “reality check” is good, but as mentioned above, let’s please remain courteous. Thank you. 

Guys as fustrating it is it’s not the end of the world. I’ve been working with Pix4D for 2 years now and I’ve never let one job to be donne because of this issue. There is ways to overcome this difficulty and we can do any job there is. Its a pain to do more missions when we could do only one? Well its more difficult to do the job with a total station or with a RTK GPS i’m sure you all agree…

So keep calm and wait for the resolution of this SMALL issue and good projects to everyone

3 Likes

Just adding my voice to the request for iOs resume mission capabilities.

Please!

2 Likes

I found this thread while looking how to resume the mission after a battery change. To be honest, it was a bit crazy to see the long history of promises for a resume feature on this thread. I appreciate Pix4D’s responsiveness, but they still have no results for this popular feature. I’ve checked out Map Pilot (thanks for the recommendation!) and it seems to do exactly what I need, so I’ll be using that from now on.  Just putting this out there that I too wanted the resume feature! 

3 Likes

Hi All,

Just wanting to request a possible update on this feature, We were told back in December that we might get this feature in January, but I now see that the post has been edited not to have that in it.  But because you can’t edit a post that isn’t yours the response still talks about it.  Therefore I am going to ask it straight out.  Is this feature coming at all or not, is the reason why IOS user don’t have this feature because of a issue between Pix4D and the Apple developers or because of some deal with Android and Pix4D that we as customers haven’t be told about?  Please tell us the truth so we that run business can make the decision that we need to make, because we have been asking for this feature for 20months now and it is beyond a joke in the length of time it has taken.  therefore I ask the question what aren’t you telling your customers?

I would like a straight forward answer please, not some fob off response like we normally get.

Yours no longer thankfully

Joseph Canning

2 Likes

@Joseph Canning 

thanks

This feature is super important. Please let us know when this will be implemented. We too have been waiting a long time for this. 

1 Like

Dear All Pix4D customers with ISO devices and the company that must not care about use,

This is to be consider a formal complaint against Pix4D and its so called customer service.  It is now very clear that there is something that we are not being told about the lack of development in this area and I am sick and tired of being lied to about it, below is a table of the constant lies that we have been told by Pix4D:

|

Date

|

Comment

|
|

25/7/2016

|

The iOS version of Pix4Dcapture is not supporting mission resume at the moment, but it will in future releases. It is in our pipeline and our developers are working on it.

|
|

29/9/2016

|

Not yet, it is obviously in our pipeline but will take some time.

|
|

3/4/2017

|

The developers are currently working on it.

It is complicated to give a precise timeline. Perhaps at the end of April or later in May.

|
|

2/6/2017

|

We understand the frustration but rest assured multi-battery mission is among the top priorities. The targeted release could happen end of July or mid-August.

|
|

15/8/2017

|

Our developers are currently working on the implementation of the multi-battery flight on iOS. It should be released soon, perhaps before end of September.

|
|

16/10/2017

|

Not yet, we actually delayed the development to work on something else. However, after planning the last quarter of the year, we are confident that the multi-battery flight will be release on iOS by the end of December.

|
|

8/12/2017

|

The multi-battery flight will probably be available in January :).

|

Each time a deadline is given it comes and goes without any form of update for this feature, I have now also gone to the extent of have some computer programs that are friends of mine build this feature into a application to capture the flight photos that I need and it only took them 4 weeks, so Pix4D why the constant lying about this feature to your customer who have put up with this for too long, Its time to tell us the truth of supply the feature.  

I would like to also put you on notice that if the next update comes with the feature to be used with the Mavic Air then you are going to hear a lot more about your complete and utter misdirected flow of importance of what you see as a required feature.

I AM EXPECTING TO GET NOTHING BUT A STANDARD RESPONSE BUT IF ANYONE AT PIX4D HAS A SPINE THEN I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM THEM.

Yours a seriously unhappy customer

1 Like

Any info on resume flight on ios? another new deadline has passed and no word… (January is over.)  Any info?

1 Like

Joseph, I thought it went back further than 25/7/2016?

thanks for sharing!

~dan

If your developers need more than 1.5 year to fix this problem, you’d better hire new ones… come’on, either you really fix this serious issue or just advice the user to change to the android version… 

1 Like

Christian, the android version never worked right for me. We bought an ipad just for the stupid program.

Also Christian, the only reason in my mind that developers would take this long and ignore repeated requests is they are building a brand new interface frome scratch that incorporates all features and works flawless. This is the only logical path I see. P4d capture has been drug through the mud and I wont be shocked if they just kill the app altogether.

Why do you guys even use Pix4D mapper for flight planning? There’s a lot of other great options out there. I personally use Map Pilot almost always and GS Pro as secondary. Only thing thing that I can think of that Pix4D has is double grid nadir mission that other planning software lack.