How to resume mission after battery change

Hi 

After flying a mission the software synchronize photos but sometimes due critical battery level was reached or RC have no more power the synchronization didn’t finished .

My questions are:

1.Whats the importance of synchronization in the process"?

1. Synchronization has always to be executed? 

Rgds

Alvaro Lopes

Hi Alvaro,

Picture trigger

This behavior is indeed, not expected, and we need to further investigate.

It would be helpful for us to have the log files. Could you please share them with us using our Request Form? For more information on how to access these files please see: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/215281483
Also provide us the firmware currently installed on the drone.

Mission synchronization

Synchronizing after flying consists in generating the .p4d file and downloading (copying) the images from the drone to the mobile device. Then it is possible to upload the mission on the cloud when having Internet connection.

However, it is still possible to process from scratch and create a new Pix4D project on your local machine by importing the images saved on the drone. For more help on how to proceed (Option C): https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/214516203

Note that processing with or without the .p4d file does not make a difference in terms of results with Pix4D Desktop. For more information: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/202560819

@Julie there is still not a resume/multi-battery feature in the iOS app correct? (Want to make sure I didn’t miss it on an update.)

@Thomas, the resume and multi-battery is not yet implemented. 

Here are some nice features that were included in the last iOS release:

• Upgrade to DJI SDK 4.2.2.
  • Save mission in Map view.
  • Duplicate mission in Project view.
  • GSD estimate displayed at flight planning.
  • Camera view on the Map view during flight. User can toggle between full view and small overlay mode.

You can follow the Technical Release Notes in order to get the latest news and updates ( ;

@Blaz

I am very sad to hear that a feature that has been promised for over a year is not yet available for ISO users, I fly large scale missions and this is the single biggest problem that I am facing with using this program.  I cannot understand why I should be paying for this software with a new licence for a program that does not offer one of the most important features.  It also concerns me that you spent time developing this application for use with a spark drone from DJI, when I would say that the majority of the people wanting to us this application would not even think of using such a drone for this level of work, please correct me if I am wrong but please hurry up with the incomplete mission restart for ISO devices it has been over a year between Android uses having this feature and it being promised to ISO.

Yours thankfully 

Joseph 

4 Likes

I am in perfect agree with @Joseph, please this is an urgent needs feature! Now I have to use a third part software for acquire the pics. Freeware very simple apps do this already. Please upgrade it fast. 

Regards

Fabrizio

2 Likes

@Joseph , @Fabrizio

Our developers are currently working on the implementation of the multi-battery flight on iOS. It should be released soon, perhaps before end of September.

1 Like

Hello, just checking if multi-battery flight on iOS has been released yet? Do you have a timeline as when it will be released as it seems this has been a request for quite sometime. I would think this feature would have been a no - brain’er when the app was created for iOS. 

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Michael,

Not yet, we actually delayed the development to work on something else. However, after planning the last quarter of the year, we are confident that the multi-battery flight will be release on iOS by the end of December.

If anyone is having an issue with Pix4D Capture, multi-battery missions and resume mission, I recommend evaluating Map Pilot by Maps Made Easy.

I used to swear by Pix4D Capture until a few weeks ago, but with all my recent large missions, it was always a pain (risky and inefficient) to create many overlapping missions. Never knew for sure if I had sufficient coverage and wasted precious batteries

I’m now using MME for image capture. It was around $AUD15, but money well spent. I also like that I can specify my own MapBox background, including ones I make myself with custom imagery (and vector files, like project extents).

Maps Made Easy also have what looks to be a very affordable online processing service, although I am yet to try that out as my P4D Pro license is still active for another week.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

I flew a two battery grid mission for orthomosaics today.  The camera setting (brightness or exposure or something) changed between missions.  P4D Capture white balance was set to “cloudy”.  I did not shut down P4D, or open the DJI Go4 app between missions.  I just changed batteries, shifted my grid over and flew the 2nd half of the mission.  The color change of the images was obvious before processing, and in the resultant orthomosaic.  Using Ver 2.5.0 (16) on IOS with Phantom 4.

This has happened before.  Is there a way to prevent it?

Thank you,

Matt

Hi Matt,

This a known issue with DJI camera. You can find the related post here:
(Android, iOS) Different colors and tones in the images

Thanks Julie.  It sounds like there is no way to prevent it at this time, only ways of reducing the chance.  I was able to adjust the color of one set of images to match the second set of images using PhotoDirector.  After reprocessing in P4D, the orthomosaic looked much better.  It’s just an extra step that I wish wasn’t necessary. -Matt

Thank you letting me know Matt! I’m glad this additional step improved the results and met your expectations. I understand it is not ideal though.

Hello,

Just checking back with you to find out if you are going to make the December mark for multi battery flight for iOS.

Thanks

Hi Michael,

The multi-battery flight will probably be available in January :).

Dear All,

I and what seems like a large amount of other users that have IOS base devices are still waiting for the simplest of features to be available to us, and I have to agree with Michael in requesting a update on the status of this simple feature.  WHEN ARE WE GOING TO SEE THE RESUME FEATURE FOR IOS DEVICES.  IT HAS BEEN OVER 18 MONTHS AND STILL NOTHING BUT EXCUSES.  Pix4D team can we please have a straight forward answer on this please.  I run a business and this is costing me money in down time.  I would estimate that this simple feature has cost me over 6-7 hours a week and that is at least two or three flights that I could complete if this feature was here, but it seems to me that the Pix4D team do not care about there user just the bottom line for them.

Please note that I have now started to look at other software that can do the same job at a far less price than Pix4D and if this feature is not supplied to us by the end of December then I will be leaving the Pix4D for other programs.  I have done the test and there is no difference in accuracy, but there is a massive difference in customer service and respect.

Yours thankfully

Joseph Canning

2 Likes

Hi Joseph,

I’m sorry to hear about your disappointment regarding our mobile application.

Software development is always subjected to last-minute changes especially in the field of cutting-edge technology. This does not depend solely on us but on many external factors that make the planning and release process complex.

Regarding Pix4Dcapture, there is a trade-off between integrating new drones, upgrading the SDK (development tools made available by the manufacturers), implementing new features (flight, settings, mission management, etc.), improving the current interface, refactoring the code to support future development, and solving bugs.

We understand the frustration but rest assured the feature is almost ready to be released.

You said word for word the same answer on 2 june 2017 on page 1 of the comments. And it was supposed to be released in August. 

Do you copy-paste the same message everytime someone becomes angry with a 2 month delay or do you really do something?

Plenty of other flight apps out there so nobody is really limited…Pix4Dmapper doesn’t even fit every job either.
Autopilot is very nice and Maps Made Easy too.

1 Like