[Android, iOS] Phantom 4 Pro, multi-battery mission issue, cannot resume mission after tapping Abort

Hi there,

It appears in the latest version, it has lost functionality to resume a mission when I abort due to low battery? I used to be able to stop half-way through a mission, swap batteries out, and continue the mission from where it left off, but it appears this function no longer works? When aborting the mission the drone will hover in place until I push “Go Home”. This ends the mission and resets the area, rather than allowing me to resume??

Any assistance, or advice on this matter would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

There should be a PAUSE button and then you can manually fly and land to change the battery, then use RESUME for take-off.  I haven’t seen the iOS app updated since I thoroughly tested this a couple weeks ago and it worked great then.

Hi Matthew,

The way to achieve multi-battery mission has been implemented with slight differences on iOS and Android version of Pix4Dcapture but you will be able to make it with both versions.

On Android during a flight when the battery change is needed:

• Tap ABORT. The pictures will be synchronized with the mobile device and you will see that a new mission is created with the portion of the flight plan that has not been flown.
    At this point, the drone will hover waiting for the next action which can be START or GO HOME. 
  • Tap GO HOME and the drone will go back to land to its Homepoint and the battery can be changed then tap START.
    At this point, the drone will go back to acquire the remaining portion of the original flight plan. Note that if the mission was interrupted in the middle of a flight line, the acquisition will restart at the beginning of this flight line.

On iOS :

• Tap PAUSE 
    At this point, the drone will hover waiting for the next action which can be RESUME or GO HOME. 
  • Tap GO HOME and the drone will go back to land to its Homepoint and the battery can be changed then tap RESUME.
    At this point, the drone will go back to its last position and continue the pictures acquisition along the flight plan.

Hope it helps,
Best,

1 Like