GoPro Camera support

Good morning,

Will Gopro cameras be supported in Pix4D react in the future?

We have built some autonomous boats, using GoPro 6/7/8 for collecting downwards facing photos and videos for search and rescue and would be excellent to trial underwater search and rescue through Pix4D React.

Keep up the innovation

Timothy K

Hi Timothy,

Adding this camera (fish-eye cameras) to our database is currently not on the roadmap. However, the application that you want to give to Pix4Dreact is very interesting. I am sharing this with the team. We truly appreciate you sharing this with us. Many thanks. I kindly suggest you share it on our feature request section, this will allow more votes from other users to add this camera to our database. We are currently looking at our user’s requirements.

Here is how you can do this:

1. Go to the category Feature Request/Suggestions.

2. Log in or create an account, if you don’t have a Pix4D account yet.

3. Look for a request of adding this camera to our database. Someone else might have already asked for it. If such a request doesn’t exist, create it as a new topic.

4. Vote for it.

5. Done, your vote is counted!

6. You can manage, follow-up, or even remove your vote(s) if you change your mind.

Workflow to process RGB cameras that are not in our database:

When RGB cameras are not in our database, you can process the images following this workflow: User-provided camera parameter file for Pix4Dreact. It is possible to create a camera parameter file as XML format and add it to Pix4Dreact. However, for fisheye cameras at the moment, is not supported therefore it migh be that the images are processed, but we might need to investigate the results(we could test it). I am passing the feedback to the team as well. Thanks again