GCP Point Labels in 2D/3D views

Could we get the ability to turn GCP/MTP point labels on/off in the 2D and 3D views?
Unless its already there and I can’t find it.

If I understand correctly, you’d like to see the name/label of the GCPs/MTPs next to their shape in the 2D/3D view? I assume it’s to make it easier to identify the GCPs/MTPs visually. It’s not there yet, but it’s something we’ve been thinking about. For example, we’re thinking about adding markers to annotate your scene, which would also have these kind of visible labels. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Thanks, @Pierangelo_Rothenbuhler. GCP/Check Points being identified with marker helps. Also, Please consider the .dwg or .dxf file overlay on the 2D view. Real estate clients are always giving auto cad files to work with.

ok, noted for the .dwg or .dxf import/overlay on the 2D view. For now you can import and view them in the 3D view in PIX4Dsurvey, but we’re going to look into making this compatible with the 2D view eventually too.

Mr. @Pierangelo_Rothenbuhler , Apart from DXF, please add Kml format to overlay on Ortho as well if possible.

1 Like

Came here to post about labeling options as well within Pix4Dmatic. We end up using existing topo for quite a bit of our processing and it would be helpful to have a label for these, even if it’s only tied to the Name column. I often use the field code as the name so that I don’t have to also refer to a csv.

Thank you for your feedback and use case. I will share this with the PIX4Dmatic product team.

Not sure I got it, could you share an example of what you’re doing today? It is not clear to me where the existing topo comes from and how you use it in your processing.

Hey there, sorry for the super late response. It’s pretty common for my company to fly a route without shooting our own control and using existing survey data. Even sorting the tables down to just ground features (manholes, edge of pavement, valves, etc) can lead to hundreds to data points.

The image below shows a section of the basemap with topo data. This would be a perfect example of having an option to label based on name, description, or something.

Thanks for the feedback! Markers and labels should be on the roadmap.