Flir Duo Pro R using Pix4Dcapture.

Hi,

I used the PIX4D app in the past with Phantom4 drone to create RGB map. The way I did it was to draw a polygon on the app (on a base map), select the flight hight, and then the drone automatically calculated the route and when it pauses to take an image (according to the overlap % I configured). My question is if this simple process (only creating a polygon and choose the flight height) can be duplicated when using FLIR DUO PRO R camera? Meaning, that the using PIX4D app I can control both the FLIR camera and the drone, and by choosing a polygon and flight height I can get a map of the desired area. 

Hi,

The Flir Duo Pro R has not been tested with Pix4Dcapture and then it is not officially supported. However, the iOS version of Pix4Dcapture gives you the possibility to implement a custom camera. The custom camera option allows users to plan and fly missions with the correct overlap even if the camera is not included in the database of Pix4Dcapture. 

The important step is to define the time-lapse directly in the settings of the camera, and then apply the same value for the Min. triggering interval [s] in the application. If not, the camera will not take any picture as it cannot be controlled by Pix4Dcapture.

Best,