[Feature request] Save magic models for next field

Hello, I am starting to get more requests for spots praying for certain types of weeds. I don’t know the right translation from dutch so I’ll just call it grass weeds. (google translate calls it knights sorrel). It is really hard to get the magic to differentiate it from the grass but after a lot of work it’ll work. It would be really easy to use the same learning model on a different field. So I can select a field, Select the grass weeds model and it’ll do the first step to detect it. And every time I correct it it’ll learn for the next field. I don’t know if its a big ask but it would be easy that I don’t have to relearn the magic every field.

Hi Dennis,

we are currently working on making the MagicTool faster and more accurate, we hope to provide you with a much better experience for the next season! Please keep on sending us training data, via the MagicTool, we will use this data to improve the algorithm for you:

One thing you can also try is thresholding weeds based on Vegetation index data. For knights sorrel / rumex the Excessive Green index could be helpful. Thresholding you can see how to do in this video:

Green on Brown Spot Spraying - Mapping fallow weeds with PIX4Dfields (youtube.com)

1 Like