Feature Request: Create DTM and export it as Geotiff format

Hi,

Mining department in India wants DTM in Geotiff format ONLY. Can you please add future to export it in the raster format as soon as possible for Pix4D Survey team. This really helps us. I am currently generating it from my Mapper yearly license. It’s gonna runout in a 2 months after that i am left high and dry. Please add this feature at your earliest possible.

Thanks,
Nani.

Also, i have seen in Mapper that the default setting is 4x or 5x GSD. The Mining department says they want Ortho, DSM and DTM - all three of the outputs in Geotiff and have same GSD. I am wondering since DTM is derived from DSM, is it even fair to have the same GSD? Please help.

Hi @rayavarapunani ,

Thank you for your feedback.
TIN export in raster GeoTIFF format is available starting from PIX4Dsurvey 1.40.0.

Once you select GeoTIFF, you can select the resolution (cm/pixel).

You can find out more on how to create a DTM in PIX4Dsurvey here:

Please note that in PIX4Dmapper, due to the smoothing nature of the DTM generation algorithm, results are better when the DTM resolution is moderately lower than the resolution of the project. By default, the resolution of the DTM is set to 5x GSD of the project (https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/202560579-How-to-automatically-generate-a-Digital-Terrain-Model-DTM).