Failed to generate 3D textured mesh in high resolution

Hello,
I started processing a series of flights.
In the first tests I did, I processed about 600/700 photos, setting the point cloud at high density and the high resolution mesh. The result was good and the process was successful.
For several days when I process the mesh the program crashes and closes with the following messages.

I would like to understand what the problem is.
Thank you

Hello Massimo,

Could you share with you the following?

▸ The quality report (.pdf format): …\project_name\1_initial\report\project_name_report.pdf
▸ The project log file (text file): …\project_name\project_name.log
▸ The project file (.p4d): …\project_name.p4d

Please upload it to out OneDrive.

Best!

Hi,

I uploaded the required files.
The procedure I followed involves the generation of the dense point cloud, the cleaning of the cloud from the noise, and finally the generation of mesh, DTM and orthophotos.

Thank you.

Hi Massimo,

Thank you for having shared those files.

I noticed that your NVIDIA graphics card is outdated. Very often that is the reason for the software crash. Therefore, could you please update it by downloading the new drivers from this website: Quadro
Can you try again after having updated the driver to see if the specific issue you are experiencing is still occurring? If yes please reupload the log file to the OneDrive.

Best,

Hi,

I had already updated the graphics card driver from the Windows “device management”.

I will try to update it again and try again.

Thank you

Hi,

I updated the graphics card driver as suggested.

I processed the  mesh again in high resolution, but the software continues to give the same kind of error.

I upload the .log file in One Drive.

Thank you

Hi Massimo,

Thank you for the new log provided. The project you are running is crashing because it runs out of RAM memory in Step 2 of processing. It is indeed the step where the usage of the RAM memory is very important and it can lead to crashes.

To be able to process the projects, I would recommend doing the following in the Processing Options:

1. In Resources and Notification –> Maximum Resources Available for Processing –> Slightly Lower the RAM and CPU threads used.
  2. in 2. Point Cloud and Mesh –> 3D Textured Mesh –> Settings –> select custom and Quantitative –> Lower down the Maximum Number of Triangles.

It will rely on testing to see if it works. Then I would suggest doing the first step mentioned above first and rerunning the process. If not working, you can go through the second step.

Let me know if it can avoid the crash you are experiencing.

Best regards,

Hi,

I suspected the problem was insufficient RAM.

However I had already processed flights very similar to the one I sent the files and the high resolution mesh was successful.

I will try anyway with the suggested procedures.

Thank you