Export of 3D object point coordinates of tie points....

Would like to export the 3D object point coordinates of tie points for further processing. Didn’t found an option.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Anette, 

see here: How to export the Automatic Tie Points?

I hope it helps :slight_smile:

Hi, is there a way to export the ID of the automatic Tie-Points as exported in the Files *_tp_pix4d.txt as well? When I export the *.las files to csv there is no ID inclused - just coordinates.
Thank you.

Hi Ingo,

Welcome back to our community!
To answer your questions,

The information about exporting Automatic Tie Points is in this article How to export the Automatic Tie Points?

The Automatic Tie Points are exported during step 1. Initial Processing when the Camera Internals and Externals, AAT, BBA option is selected in the Processing Options window: Menu Process > Processing Options… > 1. Initial Processing > Calibration. The output files can be found here:
project_name\1_initial\project_data

result_tracks2_full_1.las : Automatic tie points that were marked on at least 2 images.
result_tracks3_full_1.las : Automatic tie points that were marked on at least 3 images.

The file you mentioned, project_name_tp_pix4d.txt contains the image coordinates (for all calibrated images) for the GCPs and Checkpoints and some of the Automatic Tie Points but not all. These coordinates refer to the original (distorted) images. The fourth column is the scale (relative accuracy) of the point. A point with scale 2 is more accurate than a point with scale 4. For example, a point that was found on the edge of a building is probably more accurate than a point that was found on the textureless wall of a building.

If you are interested, please feel free to give it a read on What does the Output Params Folder contain?

I hope this has been helpful.

Sincerely,
Rosana