DWG and DXF import to Pix4D BIM

A feature allowing entire DWG or DXF features to be imported into the point cloud would be very useful for BIM purposes. Currently we are using InfraWorks, however, the great video fly-through features that Pix4D already has would be very useful with this additional feature. 

Regards, 

Jason. 

1 Like

Hi Jason,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I have forward it to the team in charge in order to evaluate it and consider implementing it in future releases.

Best,

1 Like

Hi Blaz, 

I’m in the same point of Jason.  It should be great to have the possibility to upload some kind of DWG or DXF file to share into the model into the project coordinate system.  Also, I was be able to see in another similar platforms it is possible upload XML to get quantities comparing the initial XML with the model generated. This should be a very good improvement for Pix4D BIM.

Manuel, 

1 Like

Hi Manuel , 

Thank you very much for your feedback. I will forward it to the corresponding team  for future implementation. 

Regards, 

Hello Pix4D,

Thank you for implementing the DXF import. It is very useful!!
However the altitude information from DXF is not taken into consideration. With shape import the altitude data is correct while with DXF all the 3D data goes to altitute 0. Is it possible to add the altitude for 3D features in DXF??

Thank you and greetings to all!
Ana

Hello Ana,

Welcome to Pix4D Community.

Thanks a lot for the feedback; I will pass it to the developers. The DXF import is still considered a beta version; we will try to improve the feature performance soon.

Yes, we plan to add the altitude for 3D features (DXF, shapefiles), but we are not there yet.
You could follow all our releases through the following page to get notified when it will be deployed: Technical release notes - PIX4Dcloud / PIX4Dcloud Advanced

Have a very nice day.

Best regards