DSM output with exponential values - won't load in ArcMap

I have a large project (2000+ images) with surveyed ground control. The RMS is a mere 0.005 feet.
The orthomosaic loads correctly but when attempting to load the DSM into ARC, it either crashes ArcMap or show exponential values resulting in no raster file showing. I’ve attempted rerunning all steps, starting from scratch, editing point cloud for any outliers – no luck.

Hi Ramiro,

Welcome back to the Pix4D Community.

Could you please provide more information about the error (screenshots, …)?
If you could provide us the tiff file of your DSM, we could do some tests here. If you don’t want to share your DSM and other data here in the community, feel free to open a Support Ticket here: Open a Support Ticket.

cheers

Before you try to load in ArcMap, be sure to build pyramids and calculate statistics. This will greatly improve performance.

1 Like

good catch!

Hi Daniele,

I’m experiencing this issue again with a new data set.
I attached the quality report for reference. I have attempted to calulate statistics and build pyramids in ArcCatalog instead of ArcMap but it produces the same results (or lack there of).
Thank you in advance!
022054-400_400-1000-40_20220416_report.pdf (1.0 MB)

Hi @Ramiro_Massa,

Thank you for your feedback.
Were you able to make the previous project work?

In this new project, what happens if you drag and drop directly the TIFF into ArcMap?

If you could provide us with the tiff file of your DSM, we could do some tests here. If you don’t want to share your DSM and other data here in the community, feel free to open a Support Ticket here: Open a Support Ticket.

Regards,
Daniele

Hi Daniele,

I was able to get my original project to work through exporting an .ei file from Virtual Surveyor but I’d like to know how to resolve the issue without the added step.

I sent in an support ticket with DSM, log file, and quality report.

Thank you

Thank you @Ramiro_Massa,

My colleague Mike is looking into it. He received the files and is doing some tests.