Double Grid Polygon

I sent a earlier comment and I did get a reply but I think I need to word it differently. So in Pix4DCapture app on IOS apple, Pix4DCapture has the options of 2D grid and polygon and double grid for 3D. The 3D grid doesn’t have the polygon feature where you can fit an area that is not a square or rectangle, if I making any since. The 3D grid method only creates a 4 sided area. I was wondering in the future will the 3D grid have the option of a ploygon? Sorry for the early confusion

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,

For now, there is no possibility either on the iOS or Android version of Pix4Dcapture to plan a double grid with a Polygon shape. It is something that is considered and that is taken into account by the Product Owner for future release.

In the meantime, I would suggest either:

• Using the classic Double Grid missions.
  • using iOS, to plan two single Polygon missions over the same area with the same tilting angle and defining the flight lines perpendicular to each other between first and second flight.
  • Using Android, it should be easier to plan as you can fly several missions in one project and then upload the whole set of images together.

Be aware that it is workarounds and that in any case, it is not an optimal way to operate and it may come to be quite complex to plan such flights at the moment.

Best,