free flight mission is not working , is it normal? mean , this is not done in the app??
Could you give us more information? Which version of the app are you using, Android or iOS?
The free flight should be working on the latest Android version of the app, 2.0.8.
Note that the Phantom 3 is not yet supported on iOS.
Morning, I have just bought the dji phantom 3 and have downloaded the latest version of pix4d capture app, this is definatley a program I want to buy, but when connecting the drone it says turn on wi-fi extender ? I am using an android phone also to control it? can somebody help please Pix4d
If the application is asking to connect to WiFi, it means that there is a connection problem which is an error we are aware of. This depends on the Android version and device time to time. Many users do not encounter problems, same here in our office with our Android devices. DJI recently released a new SDK that should fix the problem. Our Capture team will soon integrate it.
Meanwhile we recommend to make sure that:
- The DJI Go app is not running in the background because it is launched automatically when the USB cable is plugged. Once you have connected the USB cable, check that the DJI Go app is not running.
- The appropriate drone is selected, please see: Settings of the app: Settings > Drone type > …
- The latest firmware is installed on the drone.
- The SDK token is accessible. Android: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/203142669
Also we would recommend to try:
- Restarting everything again (close the app, switch off the drone and the remote controller) might help.
- Starting to fly / making the drone take off before pressing start, that is followed by next and the checklist.
A workflow was suggested and seemed to work for several users: https://community.pix4d.com/t/4568
Let us know if you give it a try.
When is the Phantom 3 Pro (4K) going to be supported under iOS? Having a clear roadmap is crucial for any purchasing decisions…
have been waiting for the app to support IOS and P3 advanced
We are glad to announce the release of the long awaited version of iOS Pix4Dcapture that supports new drones including Phantom 3 and Inspire 1!
Here is the corresponding forum post: https://community.pix4d.com/t/4968
You will find details about the procedure if needed.