DJI Mini 2 for Mapping

Especially because of the much stricter restrictions in European airspace from 2021, micro-drones will become increasingly important.

Does Pix4D plan to support the “DJI Mini 2” in the future? The “DJI Mini 2” is similar but not to be confused with the “DJI Mavic Mini”.

If not, does anyone in this community know if there are other mapping apps that support or will support this new drone?

Regards
Reto

2 Likes

Hello,

The DJI Mini 2 is not supported by pix4Dcapture at the moment and it is currently not in our pipeline to support it. If things change, we will publish it at our page on Supported drones, cameras and controllers.

I would also recommend you to go through our support article on Which image acquisition app can I use with Pix4D’s software?.

Regards,

Hi Kapil

Thanks for your input.

It’s not so much compatibility concerns what makes me worry, it’s the regulations which get tighter and tighter and, in some areas, a super lightweight drone (< 250 g) seems to be the only option left. Therefore I’m very interested in having a mapping app supporting the DJI Mini 2. Although I would prefer a Phantom 4 (RTK) or a eBee or Wingtra drone, it’s still better to have an alternative a bit less powerful but legal to operate, where my clients want me to be.

I am very sorry that Pix4D does not seem to invest much more in Pix4Dcapture app.

Regards
Reto

1 Like

At the moment DJI Mini 2 is not supported by the DJI SDK. DJI did not announce any official date.

Does anyone know if Pix4Dcapture will work with mini 2

As far as I know DJI still doesn’t provide an SDK for the Mini 2. It’s a shame.

SDK support is on the horizon (see image or here: DJI Developer)

It would be really awesome if the Mini series would be supported by Pix4Dcapture once its supported by the SDK (apparantly this year).

Anyone know more about plans of Pix4D?

DJI SDK Support List:

Hello @marlinmm, At the moment we don’t have any plan to support DJI mini 2 in Pix4Dcapture. If things change we will post in our PIX4Dcapture drone supported camera and drone page. Pix4Dcapture supported drones, cameras and controllers.
Pix4D’s software is drone/app agnostic, meaning that you will be able to process image data obtained from any drone or the image acquisition app. For more information see which image acquisition app can I use with Pix4D’s software?

I really hope that Pix4d Capture at some point would be able to support the DJI Mini 2. Since the Mobile SDK support is finally out, it seems possible. There is a demand for these small drones for mapping uses.

1 Like

We need Pix4d support for Mini 2, thank’s!

2 Likes

The new SDK doesn’t seem to support Waypoint Missions for the Mini 2, so I have my doubts that Pix4D will support the Mini 2… Seems like an intentional decision by DJI, so people have to go for the Mavic 2 Pro or bigger.
But maybe it’ll stilll come to the Mini 2. Would be awesome!

Hi there. You’re wrong. Dji mini 2 sdk supports waypoint and many more. Checkout some third party software like dronelink or litchi.
Actually you can use pix4dmapper importing mm2 pictures taken from a mission planned and flight with dronelink.
It’s the proof that pix4 could easily use these sdk for using pix4capture.
SDK are released, now it’s all in pix4d hands, that’s it.

1 Like

To my knowledge it does not directly support Waypoint missions (see screenshot)

There are workarounds, which were probably implemented by Dronelink or Litchi, but the normal waypointMission class in the SDK is NOT supported by DJI for the Mini 2 as you can see here: DJI Mobile SDK Documentation

So either Pix4D needs to implement another way (like Litchi or Dronelink) or DJI needs to support it properly…

Cuando será compatible con DJI mini 2 ?

Hi people!

@marlinmm you are wrong. Check the webpage again:
https://developer.dji.com/api-reference/ios-api/Components/Missions/DJIWaypointMission.html

The information in the picture is wrong. DJI MINI 2 DOES SUPPORTS WAYPOINT MISSION IN THE LATEST SDK (Jan2022).

@umberto.dimassa you are CORRECT. It’s in PIX4D hands. By march 2022 IT IS POSSIBLE to make the MINI 2 make auto missions (i did it already with dronelink).

Maybe PIX4D people they can do it but could be that they just still support only the old Mavic 4 pro (almost same drone as mini 2 - just 6 years in tech ahead).

So pix4d guys can do 2 things: Do it if the want/can. Don’t do it if they dont want/cant. Time will tell.

For now as March 2022, you can use Dronelink at US$99 for making missions or litchi for $25 or even Rainbow but this last one is not the best. Waiting for more apps developers to support it.

@djsantours your link shows the iOS SDK, my link shows the Android SDK, so apparantly there is a difference in support depending on the OS.

So the info is not wong, it`s just for a different OS. Next time look more into the details of previous posts before claiming someting like that.

Why DJI decides to do this, I do not understand…

Dear support team,
Will support the drone “DJI Mini SE” be added to Pix4Dcapture anytime soon?