Support Website Contact Support Blog

DJI Mini 2 for Mapping

Especially because of the much stricter restrictions in European airspace from 2021, micro-drones will become increasingly important.

Does Pix4D plan to support the “DJI Mini 2” in the future? The “DJI Mini 2” is similar but not to be confused with the “DJI Mavic Mini”.

If not, does anyone in this community know if there are other mapping apps that support or will support this new drone?

Regards
Reto

Hello,

The DJI Mini 2 is not supported by pix4Dcapture at the moment and it is currently not in our pipeline to support it. If things change, we will publish it at our page on Supported drones, cameras and controllers.

I would also recommend you to go through our support article on Which image acquisition app can I use with Pix4D’s software?.

Regards,

Hi Kapil

Thanks for your input.

It’s not so much compatibility concerns what makes me worry, it’s the regulations which get tighter and tighter and, in some areas, a super lightweight drone (< 250 g) seems to be the only option left. Therefore I’m very interested in having a mapping app supporting the DJI Mini 2. Although I would prefer a Phantom 4 (RTK) or a eBee or Wingtra drone, it’s still better to have an alternative a bit less powerful but legal to operate, where my clients want me to be.

I am very sorry that Pix4D does not seem to invest much more in Pix4Dcapture app.

Regards
Reto

1 Like