Mavic Air2 SDK is now available

Hoping for Capture support soon!
SDK:
https://developer.dji.com/mobile-sdk/

1 Like

Hello, thanks for posting the news!
Unfortunately, there are no plans to support the Mavic Air 2 in Pix4Dcapture.
If anything changes, we will communicate on the official post for Mavic Air 2:

2 Likes

Hi Christina,
Had been using pix4d for quite a while and understood the complication of not being able to support the Mavic Air 2 before the SDK becomes available. Now that it is, I guess I am not the only one who would love to use pix4d again :nerd_face:

4 Likes

DJI already release the SDK for MA2.
Are you going to reconsider to add Mavic Air 2 to the compatibility list?

2 Likes

Yes the SDK for the Mavic Air 2 is now out:
https://developer.dji.com/

Any guesses on when it will be supported in Pix4Dcapture?

4 Likes

Mavic Air 2 support is being asked for and we will be looking forward to you announcement on development soon. It will certainly increase you paid customer base for your other products.

3 Likes

Si there any plan to add Mavic Air 2 yo your compatibility list in 2021 now that DJI realese the SDK?

1 Like

Hi @Christina, SDK for the Mavic Air 2 is now out and we are all looking forward to MA2 being supported by pix4d. At the same time waiting good news from you

1 Like

Hello @mendercnr,

The DJI Mavic Air 2 is not supported by pix4Dcapture at the moment and it is currently not in our pipeline to support it. If things change, we will publish it on our page on Supported drones, cameras, and controllers.

I would also recommend you to go through our support article on Which image acquisition app can I use with Pix4D’s software?.

1 Like

Thanks for your response. Can you shed light on why you wouldn’t support this model in the pipeline? It has many of the characteristics of DJI models that you already support but with an improvements to the rolling shutter camera over the Air 1. This could be a pretty effective low-cost unit for Pix4D users.

You can use Litchi. In it’s New Beta version you can use MA2

Good point! Thanks Litchi had no problem putting the SDK for DJI’s bestselling drone into their acquisition software pipeline.

Update. Now litchi, dronelink and dronedeploy are adding Mavic Air 2 yo their lists.

1 Like

Dronedeploy doesn’t support Mavic Air 2. Or am I wrong? I don’t see it in the list of supported drones on Google Play.

1 Like

Based on this discussion thread DD intended to support MA2 early on but the lack of waypoints support may be a deal breaker :confused:

When can I apply? I really need it.

Hi, Kapil

PIx4d has been great software for the land survey, and I want to thank you and the development team for that, but it is a disappointment that Pix4d had not added any new drone to the supported list since 2018 when Mavic 2 was launched, that is almost two and half years ago. Mavic air 2 has a long battery and a 4.8M camera, which is the best drone for Photogrammetry in the DJI Mavic family. I understand that it could be challenging in this difficult time, but adding it to your pipeline, will be heartened for the community.

Best Regards

Please. Upgrade is so i can connect air2

2 Likes

I really hope that MA2 will be available soon in pix 4d capture

2 Likes

Any good news?