Mavic Air2 SDK is now available

Please add Mavic air 2 :pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

Ang good news? Timeline?

Mavic Air 2 has some great characteristics that would make it a great drone for Pix4d, is there any timeline for making it compatible?

1 Like

Litchi app allready support mavic air 2! When pix4d will support it? At least as Beta version?

1 Like

Please support Mavic Air 2. We rely on Pix4D and have been using Mavic Air for 2 years. Now we have a Mavic Air 2. But unfortunately, there is no Pix4D mapping app for this drone. Why not?

4 Likes

Itā€™s not worth waiting for Pix4D, the full version of Dronelink for Air2 is now. The mapping works brilliant.

1 Like

I was going to try getting familiar with Pix4Dcapture, as a few job offers require familiarity with mapping software. But as my own drone is the Air2 and with no support for it in sight, I guess Iā€™ll learn drone mapping with a competitorā€™s software.

Hello Kapil, I see that Dronelink supports mission planning for the Mavic Air2.

It is curious that Pix4d Capture is struggling to support it. The SDK has been out for 6 months.
Please let us know if there is an update to the Pix4d support plans for the Air2.

1 Like

Hello,

Pix4Dcapture, our flying app does not support the Mavic Air 2. Currently, there are no plans to support it in the future. Please keep in mind that our processing software such as Pix4Dmapper can process images taken from virtually any flying app as long as they are of good quality and overlap. For more information: Which image acquisition app can I use with Pix4Dā€™s software?

I, like many others, are really curious why Pix4D would choose to have no plans to support the Mavic Air 2 or 2s. There are many previous Phantom or Mavic Pro users who switched to the Mavic Air 2 because of itā€™s size and capabilities. If Iā€™m on a wide area SAR mission, I can easily put this drone in my day pack and use it when needed. So it makes good sense to support it. Why is it not being supported with no plans to do so, if you donā€™t mind answering? It would open a larger market to Pix4D.

As I understand it with the Air2 DJI did away with Waypoints and the mission software now requires Virtual Sticks. Itā€™s a totally different approach and requires that the device software control the drone the entire flight, as well as continuous contact with the base. Thatā€™s why Pix4d, DroneDeploy, and the others arenā€™t supporting the Air2. The only software currently providing mission planning for the Air 2 is Dronelink.
I needed something for photogrammetry with the Air2 so I bought Dronelink with the $50 ā€œMapperā€ license and it seems pretty good.

Ok that makes some sense. Flight Plan for DJI also uses virtual stick and will fly mission plans in that manner. Hopefully it his gets addressed though. Even if it means virtual stick, it should still be doable and a worthy effort.

Kind of an idiotic business maneuver to not support the MA2.

I just received an email from DJI that the latest SDK:
ā€¢ Added ActiveTrack Mission for Mavic Air 2.
Will this allow Pix4D to support the Mavic Air 2?

after popular demand from the community, the company still do not wish to support the mavic air 2?

See this discussion
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=240325&pid=2461119
DJI removed support for waypoints from the MA2 and with that all the software that relies on waypoints (Pix4d, dronedeployā€¦). As far as I know Dronelink and maybe Lichti (and others?) allow mission planning with the MA2 because they support Virtual Sticks.

Please add Mavic air 2 on the pix4d community list !!

1 Like

I would also request support for the Air 2s. Would love to be a subscriber.

1 Like