DJI Mavic 2 Zoom support

So for me it’s not working. Still can’t find the Android Verison 4.9.0 and on the 4.8. Version the Zoom is not connecting with the app.

For android, download ctrl + dji and run through it, and automatically determined on ios.

Для android скачай ctrl+dji и запускай через него, а на ios автоматически определяеться.

Hello to all of you. I bought recently the 2 zoom. Especially for topographical surveys. But I can’t find the version to the list of pix4d. Someone who can help? I would really appreciate it. I have an android 9.1

Hello from Greece. I bought the 2 zoom without check if works with pix4d. I cant find the way to work with this device. Can you please help me. Thank you in advance.

Pix4d официально не работает с mavic 2 zoom, но в ctrl+dji он определяеться. Ctrl+dji это программа на android, для работы с pix4d.

The reason why they don’t support it is likely that it has a janky mechanical zoom. Pix4D is a precision tool, DJI makes toys primarily, but anything with a fixed focal length is pretty easily incorporated. There may be other reasons, like the fact that DJI may not report all the necessary metadata in their images. Lots of reasons could be responsible. Like I said though, Pix4D is for professionals so they are not really entertaining every possible product on the market, particularly when it means they need to dilute their own product quality.

1 Like

Im just getting into drone mapping and bought Mavic 2 Zoom. Didnt realize this app might not be compatible. Pretty sad as this was recommended for me.

Is there any news if Mavic 2 Zoom support is coming? If not, can anyone recommend me another app for mapping that would work for sure - im studying/hobbyist so for now either free or very reasonable cost.

thank you.

You can use other flight planning softwares that support Mavic 2 Zoom e.g map pilot.

We bought mavic 2 zoom, we couldnt use it for mapping, what should we do?? Pix4d must do somerhing about it

I have also just purchased a DJI Mavic 2 Zoom …only to find version 4.10 does not support this drone. Can someone from PIX4D please respond why this drone is not supported and what PIX4D’s plans are for the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom?

Hello, as mentioned here: Mavic 2 Pro and zoom support - #57 by mwherman
unfortunately, there are no plans to support the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom in Pix4Dcapture.

I’m out.

Somehow Pix4d never supports the devices I have.
On Ph3, I had no preview because I used NVidia Shield, and Pix4d developers can’t properly use accelerated video decoding.
Now I can’t see preview on Mavic 2 Zoom, because the developers consider it too complicated to properly use SDK provided by DJI.
Not to mention I’d have to buy a new tablet to even install it - apparently only arm64 processors are now supported.

I’ve heard Altizure made a huge progress. Time to check that.

Hello,
Thank you for sharing your feedback.
Our products can process images taken from virtually any application as long as they are of good quality and overlap. For more information:

Feel free to use any app that suits your capturing needs and chose the Pix4D products that best suit your processing needs.

Ok, I checked Altizure. It works with M2 zoom, and works with 32-bit tablets, but it’s basic. Very basic. It made progress since I checked it 2 years ago, but it’s still not a serious choice. Like, now you finally have an ability to save multiple flight paths. But you can’t even give them names, they’re just identified by date.
Also when I went to test it in terrain, it for some reason didn’t wanted to start (it did finally started, but it was sitting with white screen for like 15 minutes). If an app will cause trouble on site, that’s a disqualifier.

Serious choice is Dji Pilot. It says it only supports enterprise drones, but apparently if you select “Mavic 2 Zoom Enterprise”, it will work with normal Mavic 2 Zoom as well. It if feature rich, looks very promising. I didn’t actually flown with it yet.

2 Likes

@Tomasz_Lis could you share the camera settings you are using with the Mavic 2 Zoom and the Pilot app. Thanks!

I just selected “Mavic 2 Enterprise Zoom” in the “camera type” box when planning the flight.
Later, on-site, I also made sure auto-WB was disabled before starting the mission. That’s all in regard to camera.

It worked without major issues. The app exited and restarted once, and the whole phone rebooted once (that one was my fault), but it knew at what stage it was when it started again, so it went back to normal like nothing happened (after the mission is uploaded, phone isn’t really needed for anything more than monitoring).

When battery gets low, you can hit “pause” button on RC, and do RTH. When the quad starts up with new battery, hitting “play” in the app will ask you to resume the mission.

For large missions, you may want to still divide it to multiple paths - the app will refuse to go to start point if it’s too distant. Though that max distance can be increased in options (and you actually should increase it, it’s way too low originally).

One issue I see it it seem you can’t tell the app on which end on the path is start vs finish. It just selects that arbitrarily, and all you can do is deal with it.