Please list your requests, suggestions and things you don’t like below and I will add to the list in this post. Remember that when suggesting new features, the most crucial part is that you explain what the real pain point is in the workflow. Hence, the best suggestions would be those that not only give an idea of a feature, but that explain why you need it and why it is crucial to the use case you work with. This enables a deeper understanding of the issue and a better way to prioritize the suggestions.
Summary List - not prioritized
- Add right-click functionality to disable cameras in the raycloud view. Right now the camera selection is on the far left and the button to disable is on the far right so when there are 20-30 cameras to disable it is a very long process. An alternative would be to select multiple cameras at once and then click the disable button just once.
- Add feedback calculation information on number of clusters and number of cameras when changing the RAM allotment. Right now it is critical to the speed, quality and number of points generated in the point cloud to the number of clusters processed. This is only adjustable by trial and error by adjusting the RAM slider and running Step 2. There are many, nearly all, projects that run faster and better by reducing the RAM.
- Add email feedback on single functions being completed, like reoptimize and generate mesh, instead of just for the 3 Steps. Right now there is no notification when reoptimizing when combining sub-projects, which needs to be done every project merge. Most of us have dedicated processing computers and thus walk away to do something else so we need that email to know if the reoptimize/mesh is done in 15 minutes or 5 hours.
- How about an image enhancement option when picking control points? Surveyors seem to love white spraypaint on light colored rocks. It would be great to be able to tweak the image tone to be able to see these better.
- In previous versions of pix, I could look at the layers that the dtm process classified (low veg, hi veg, buildings, etc) I would love to see that option back in the mix. The dtm does a good job… sometimes. When it removes thing that I didn’t want it to, it would be nice to be able to put them back. Vice versa, it it didn’t remove things that I wanted it to, I can take care of that as well. I like that it did most of the work, and that I could come in and adjust fine details.
- I would like to be able to select points by color. For instance: I create a point group called ground. I choose points that I know are ground points. A color tolerance is created from the points I choose (adjustable tolerance would be nice but exact RGB value would be a great start). All points within that tolerance are then placed in the “ground” point layer. This would be a HUGE time saver in cleaning the point cloud for “snow” effect noise when pictures have sky and clouds in the background.
- I would like to have the ability to generate mesh files based upon point groups that I choose. This would allow me to keep the classification for veg, buildings, etc. that I have assigned to other point groups instead of having to dump everything that I do not want to be used into the “deleted” point group.
- An option to import shp / kml files into the point cloud, without having to do so as a processing area, would be great.
- For thermal: When i change the thermal range or properties and export, it would be nice if it didn’t overwrite the existing file. A “save as” option would be great.
- For thermal: It would be great to be able to apply the thermal values (color scale) from the index tab to the point cloud for 3D visualization. It would also be great to be able to use those values as the texture file for the 3D mesh.
- On the right-hand sidebar: Add 2D/3D angle value of polyline intersection along with other and current outputs statistical data. Polyline intersection angles and or slope values. (see screenshot from Gary La Mantia below)
- In the rayCloud editor: Ability to place MTP’s at polyline intersections to find other important geometric points not necessarily in cloud data.
- For animations: Option to right-click on an animation name to get a drop-down option box with play and other functions instead of leaving the right-hand sidebar open and occupying screen real-estate during play-back. Tool set to design, edit and modify trajectories and assign POI for more professional and appealing animations of subject matter. Basic geometries such as circles and ovals around classes / groups selected in Tie points.
- Possibly moving far left-hand tabs (Home, Map View, rayCloud, etc) to top of workspace with drop- downs for further options / features. These button are very large for what then do.
- In Pix4d project configuration file, the ability to edit GUI fonts/colors/workspace configurations.
Compiled list from this thread updated on Sep 1, 2017.