CTRL+DJI Now Requires Access to Browsing History & Bookmarks

Can you please explain why the latest update to CTRL+DJI now requires that it be given permission to access the internet browsing history and bookmarks of the Tablet/Phone it is installed on in addition to the previous access to call history.

This is ridiculously intrusive and is not related to the functioning of the application at all.

How is this collected data being used?

There are plenty of bugs in CTRL+DJI and Pix4DCapture that are far more deserving of you time than mining your customers personal data I would think.

1 Like

Hi Brad,

I apologize for the inconvenience.
As this is an important topic, I checked with our product development team to better understand the case.

These requests for special permissions came with the new DJI SDK (that we updated for our last release). It is true that we can remove some of the permissions that the SDK requests. We will remove those permission requests in the next release as we don’t need them.

Once again I apologize for the inconvenience.

Let me know if you have any question. Your feedback is valuable.

Christina

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response and explanation.  I didn’t think of the possibility of it as a trickle down from DJI and apologize for directing my frustration over it squarely at Pix4D. 

Hi Brad,

I would say that your frustration was totally understandable. Privacy is an important topic.

Please keep sending us your feedback and suggestions, so that we can improve :slight_smile:

Have a nice day,
Christina