CTRL+DJI app crashes with Phantom3 Standard Android

Hello,
Every time I open CTRL + DJI app it crashes and keeps trying to restart. I have the latest version, not from the PlayStore. I have also uninstalled Pix4dCapture and tried Pix4D Scan with the same results.

Pix4d Capture v4.11.0
Ctrl+DJI v1.9.10
Samsung Galaxy Note 10
Android V12 with update N97OUSQU7HVH9
DJI Phantom 3 Standard
DJI Go v3.1.72

I have followed the troubleshooting instructions to uninstall and reinstall. Also clear the cache and data with no luck.
Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Mike,

Welcome to our community!

Thank you for sharing the specs of the phone and the CTRL app version.
It is strange that even with the downloaded 1.9.10apk for Andriod 12 and also PIX4Dscan, they don’t work. :thinking:

Have you had a chance or is it possible to try it on another device other than the Galaxy Note 10?

I am wondering if we could eliminate the possibility to do with the device itself as it is also not allowing PIX4Dcapture and PIX4Dscan to work.

Best regards,
Rosana (she/her)

Hi Rosana,
If I try another device do I also need to install the DJI Go app to control the drone, or will the Pix4d software control the drone without this app?
Thanks,
Mike R

Hi Mike,

If you try another device using PIX4Dcapture, you shall be able to start from there.

Just need to choose Phantom 3 Standard and start from there. In fact it is important that the DJI GO app does not run at the same time as Pix4Dcapture. The SDK (what allows the communication between the drone’s firmware and an app) cannot interact with both at the same time. Therefore it is essential to make sure DJI GO is not running in the background especially after connecting the device to the drone. On Android, you should check that this app is not selected as the default app when connecting.

For more information: PIX4D Capture App Vs DJI Go App

Getting Started - PIX4Dcapture
Video tutorials - PIX4Dcapture

Best regards,
Rosana (she/her)