CSV polylines

Is there a way to get all the polyline and curve data (the vertices/points) to csv format rather than dxf to make (linework in cad) chains on excel.

Hi @eruav,

Thank you for your request.
No, currently, it is only possible to export markers (points) to CSV format. This is not available for polylines and polygons geometries.

Can you please give me more information about the entire workflow and why you need to have the points (vertices) location in a table?

@Daniele_Lecci
When we survey, we shoot our roads in 20’ to 30’ intervals if it is a curve, we cut that in half to better define that curve on inroads. So it would be nice to be able to see the data where the assisted road markings vertices are at. Each point/vertex can be used on csv to make a field book which is the collection of points we gathered on the survey. we usually then create the base map and send it off for designing. We call the lines chains and they are numbered so example when we shoot each side of a paved road we call that EPS (edge paved shoulder) one side is EPS1 (let’s say that 10 points are a part of EPS1) other side is EPS2 (points 11-20) then we have striping ELY(edge line yellow) so we have ELY1 (21-30) ELY2 (31-40) then last we have centerline CENTL1 (41-50) so now we have one part of the road surveyed. does that make sense?

Thank you for the valuable information.

I have forwarded everything to the product team.
Other community users can still vote for your request.

1 Like

Hope to hear back.

Hi @eruav,

There won’t be any communication regarding acceptance (or not acceptance) from the product team. But we will ask here any additional questions if we might need.

Thank you for understanding.

1 Like

Perhaps add a marker to your polyline vertices and export those markers csv and polyline in dxf.
Or if Pix4D can create an option to place markers at the polyline vertices. It’s tedious to zoom in and create a marker in the same exact point as the polyline vertex. Or something like OSNAP on CAD when creating markers.

Hi @xzamora

This is already possible in PIX4Dsurvey. When you want to create a marker, the vertice lights up when you are approaching with the cursor. With a click, the marker will be created precisely on the vertice.

Cheers,
Daniele

That is true but it would take too much time to do each vertex when you can just get the info from the csv.

Good morning,

I’m the UX designer of PIX4Dmatic and PIX4Dsurvey and I’m currently looking at your request.
I can imagine an option, in the export dialogue, to convert polyline vertices into markers or possibly a way of turning them into markers while working in the 3D scene. I am wondering if it would be useful to have access to these markers and its properties before getting to the export panel.
I’ll be waiting to hearing from you.
Best,
Diana

1 Like

I don’t think so we want that info after we export. we should not really never edit that survey data if it’s in the right spot. If there is way to make each marker in order before export to make it easier on CAD that would be great. because if the order is wrong it’ll be a mess on cad.

Example how it should be in order previously we took shots of RR1 which was a different line . Now that we are on RR2 we started it hence the : ST= Start line, PC= start curve, PT=end curve but all full under the RR2. We started another line BT1 and BU1

Columns BCD are the Northing Easting and Zenith. I blocked those for privacy reasons.

Ok got it and thank you for your input.
We’ve created a ticket and attached your examples to it so the team will be working on it. We will reach out again if we have more questions.

Best,
Diana

1 Like