Compatibility with DJI Air2S

Will the pix4d capture app work with the Air2S?

1 Like

And I’ll extend the question to also enquire about new mini 2 ??
Seems the DJI drones compatibility list is all for drones over a couple a years old :frowning:

Hello all,
Pix4Dcapture, our flying app does not support the Mavic Air 2S. At the moment, there are no plans to support it. Please keep in mind that our processing software such as Pix4Dmapper can process images taken from virtually any flying app as long as they are of good quality and overlap. For more information: Which image acquisition app can I use with Pix4D’s software?. That being said, you can use Pix4Dmapper with your Mavic Air 2 images at any moment.

Hello

When will the drone be supported

Best regards
Michele

Why are you not planning on supporting it? Is it related to compatibility or that PIX4D is done developing this app further?

I just bought a DJI Air 2S and was disappointed to read this because I really wanted to use the Pix4D software. The original Air is on the app but not this one? I don’t understand. What’s the difference between mapping and capture? Does the mapping app replace capture?

I was also interested in Pix4Dmapping/survey but now that I found this out about the Air2S not being compatible I won’t be buying any software, hopefully this comes in the near future, will have to go with some one else in the mean time.

1 Like

epfau 1998, tem usado que plataforma para programar voo com o air 2s

Any update on the DJI Air 2s ?

Hello Roy, At this moment, we don’t have any plan to support the DJI Air2S drone. If thing changes, we will post it in our PIX4Dcapture supported drone list page here.

we think you should support Air2S please put this on the list.

1 Like

Please support the Air2S, soon.

1 Like

With DJI releasing the SDK for the Mini 2, Mini SE, and Air2s, will Pix4dCapture be supporting these models?

I’m disappointed because I’ve been using Pix4D for my Anafi up until now. The Anafi has met an untimely demise, otherwise, I would have kept it. I was really hoping that I could eventually use it with my Air 2s, but your company has no plans to support it. I’m guessing there is a business reason behind this, as Parrot owns Pix4D and is probably not interested in helping DJI expand their reach any further, even if Parrot has already abandoned the consumer market themselves. All the drone manufacturers want to keep the price of mapping and photogrammetry expensive and relatively exclusive to the likes of cashed-up professional firms. Screw the little guy.

Hello @ottawainfosec, Thank you for your feedback. Just for your information, Photogrammetry software and the image acquisition app are two different things even though they are part of the regular workflow. As PIX4D softwares are drone agnostic, you can use any image acquisition app to capture the raw images and still process them using PIX4Dmapper, PIX4Dcloud, PIX4Dmatic, and so on.
If your drone is not supported by Pix4Dcapture, you can use any other available image acquisition app that supports the drone to capture the data. For example, if you are using the DJI drone, you can use the manufacturer app such as the DJI GS Pro app for image acquisition.
However, at the moment, it looks like the DJI is still not supporting the drone. In that case, you can use dronelink or any other image acquisition app that supports the DJI Air 2S. For more information, please visit

Are any plans to add compatibility for DJI Marvir Air 2S? If yes, what is the current availability forecast

1 Like

Especially Pix4D capture and react, I strongly request both Pix4D services should support DJI Air 2s . Because App of DJI is very poor function for taking aerial photo. If it will be supported, I could order the services surely.

1 Like

Please support the Air2S in pix4d capture :four_leaf_clover::+1:t3:

2 Likes

Hi,

You can still process in mapper/survey. Capture is for capturing images. After you have the images somehow, you can process in our other softwares.

Litchi and Drone Deploy support DJI Air 2s. I would suggest using those flying an Air 2s until Pix4d gets their act together or finds there way out of this business by not supporting certain models. Cheers!

1 Like