Is Pix4D compatible with DJI Air 2 or DJI Mini 2

I have both a DJI Air 2 and DJI Mini 2. Are these compatible with PIX 4D. I was asked to do a survey of a large parking lot (100+ acres) so that my client can accurately quote snow removal. If this software is not compatible with these drowns, can someone provide a suggestion of one that is compatible.

Hi @jmicheli,

DJI Air 2 and DJI mini are not compatible with PIX4Dcapture:

I would also recommend you to go through our support article on Which image acquisition app can I use with Pix4D’s software?.

Most Pix4D’s software is image acquisition app agnostic. That means Pix4Dmapper, Pix4Dcloud, Pix4Dmatic, Pix4Dreact, and Pix4Dfields can process images taken virtually from any application as long as they are of good quality and overlap.

Best,

Antonio Anelli Today at 00:17

I know that now DJI has finally released SDK for mini 2 (or mavic mini 2, as you prefer). Is it correct? Are you ready to put it in database of Pix4Dmapper and Pix4Dcapture?

Hello Antonio,

Nice to hear from you. As you know, most Pix4D’s software is image acquisition app agnostic. That means Pix4Dmapper, Pix4Dcloud, Pix4Dmatic, Pix4Dreact, and Pix4Dfields can process images taken virtually from any application as long as they are of good quality and overlap.

Regarding the PIX4Dcapture app, at this moment we don’t have any plans to support it. If things change we will post it on the below support page.

I would also suggest you to go through the below support article on Which image acquisition app can I use with Pix4D’s software?. If our image acquisition app doesn’t support your drone, you can use any other image acquisition app and still process the images using our photogrammetry software such as PIX4Dmapper and so on.
For example: The drone link supports Mavic Mini 2 for the android version only, so if you are using android devices, you could use that app for image acquisition and process the images using our software.

Yes, but Dronelink costs too much! :grin:
And Pix4D risks losing customers when google provides the usual photogrammetry service

Hello @babanasso, Yes, Dronelink is a paid service. However, it is only a matter of time before the free image acquisition app will support this drone, and then you can use the drone. Usually, DJI GS Pro should support it because it is a drone from DJI.

Hi, Kapil,

Have you guys developed the DJI Mini 2 camera parameter xml for Pix4DFields? I’m able to run autonomous flights with the new SDK, all I need is this XML to create my orthomosaics. I don’t have a Pix4DMapper license to follow the camera calibration option recommended by Pix4D.

Txs

Hello @kaleco.dugarte, Can you send me 3-4 images from the drone so that I can generate the XML file for you?

Great! Thank you for your quick reply. Here you go. 1st of 3 (it won’t let me send more)

2nd of 3.

3rd of 3.

Hi,

Does this mean Mavic Mini 2 is now supported for Pix4D capture via IOS?

Thanks!

Hello @kaleco.dugarte, The raw images you have forwarded don’t have geolocation information in it so you can use PIX4Dfields to process them.
@dmommen, Pix4Dcapture doesn’t support Mavic MIni 2.