Circular area marker

In S&R the probability of a hit usually decrease with the increased distance from a search start point. It would be very useful to be able to get circular markers so we could create search pattern with area calculation as well. Even better but probably slightly more complicated but the ability to make differential area measurements from 2 concentric circles would help when assigning different search teams/means/type.( Ground walkers, K9, aerial survey, etc)

Hi droneab,

thank you for your feedback, we will evaluate how we could support it in future releases.

To help you in the meantime, you could use QGIS with the exported orthomosaic to achieve those calculations. You would set points where your search locations are and buffer those points with the search radius. You could also substract different buffers from each other to get the differential area.

Things to look at in QGIS:

• use projected coordinate reference system like UTM
  • Create Point Layer
  • Toolbox → Buffer (create circles out of points)
  • Toolbox → Difference (to substract circles)
  • Toolbox → Add geometry attributes (to get the area)

Just like Droneab I would also like an Circular Marker.
A circle, marked from the centre, which will give a) radius or b) diameter (ether one is fine).
This will be easy to mark hazard-areas or getaway routes (estimated speed vs radius)
Meanwhile I will have a look at the QGIS option.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Hi Edwin,

you can use Circle Markers with the new Share to Cloud feature, upload the dataset to share to cloud and there you can use the new circle marker. You can see it in action here:

Hi Julius, it looks all well and good but how should we proceed in areas without any Internet access?

I live in a remote location and most of the time, we have to work in forest with no service at all.

When I asked for the feature ( circular markers), I was thinking more of a local feature than a cloud based solution. Of course not being aware of the architecture of React programming, may be this is just not feasible.

Thanks for your comments

Alain Brunelle

image001.jpg

109, ch. Baie-de-la-Paix

Val-d’Or Québec J9P 4N7

Bureau :____(819) 738-4119

Mobile :(819) 860-0194

www.droneab.com

Airdata UAV|Drone Safety Verified Badge

CONFIDENTIALITÉ : Ce document est destiné uniquement à la personne ou à l’entité à qui il est adressé. L’information apparaissant dans ce document est de nature légalement privilégiée et confidentielle. Si vous n’êtes pas le destinataire visé ou la personne chargée de le remettre à son destinataire, vous êtes, par la présente, avisé que toute lecture, usage, copie ou communication du contenu de ce document est strictement interdit. De plus, vous êtes prié de communiquer avec l’expéditeur sans délai ou d’écrire à droneab@tlb.sympatico.ca et de détruire ce document immédiatement.
CONFIDENTIALITY: This document is intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. The information contained in this document is legally privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby advised that you are strictly prohibited from reading, using, copying or disseminating the contents of this document. Please inform the sender immediately or write to droneab@tlb.sympatico.ca and delete this document immediately.

~WRD0227.jpg

(Attachment image002.png is missing)