can i plan over 617 acre ?

i have One project of 617 acres but no sure if i can do my mission over 617 acres. my polygon is xtremely big, since capture pix is free or maybe i will have some problems.
thanks !

Hi @yq_z
Welcome to Pix4D Community!

An area of 617 acres is very large; in theory, it is not impossible, but in our experience, you may experience some limitations, such as:
-losing visual line of sight;
-DJI drone hitting the 99WPs limit several times, which means reloading successive missions to continue;

• the missions should not be far from the home point etc.

Our recommendation would be to split a 617 acres project into several missions of an acceptable size. This can already be done on PIX4Dcapture Android, where one project can contain multiple missions. On iOS, you could have to plan several projects as one project = 1 mission only.

We will nevertheless soon have a very good solution for these use cases. We will be reporting this soon on our communication channels.

I hope this information helps you.

Have a very nice day!

Best regards

i have iOs ipad. bcs i heard that android is not that stable

CAN U EXPLAin me whats mean 99WP ??

Hi, there is a limitation of maximum 99 waypoints (WP) by DJI. In Safe mode, one waypoint is uploaded to the drone for each picture that will be taken. The SDK of DJI does not allow third-party applications, like Pix4Dcapture, to upload more than 99 waypoints at the same time. Unfortunately, this means the drone will go back to land when it reaches the 99th waypoint or else, after the 99th picture is captured.

Workarounds:

• Planning a smaller mission and/or decreasing the image overlap.
  • Tapping Pause and then Resume when your drone stops during the mission. It will upload the next set of waypoints.
  • Switching from Safe to Fast mode. Fast mode does not rely on waypoints to trigger the camera so you can fly more lines before exceeding the 99-waypoint limit.

Cheers

not sure . I have flown areas where my mission has passed 99 images and the mission ended without any problem

Hi @yq_z ok nice! Do not hesitate to let us know how your project goes, or let us know if you have any new questions by creating a new topic.