Beta macOS version of Pix4Dmapper 3.0

@Antonio Anelli:  I asked them the 1st December because new MacBook Pro Touch Bar are not supported at all with all versions, it crash immediately when pix4D is launching. 

So the first December I get this answer: 

|

|

|

|

it is planned to release a bug fix for version 3.2 which would be released in approximately 2.5 months.

|

|

|

|

@Benjamin Cavallerio: I’m waiting until november 2015 and I own a Mac Pro (late 2013) equipped with

3,7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5,

64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3,

2 AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB

1 SSD 1TB

So I hope it will be really released in Febraury 2017, I’m a little bored to wait

@Antonio Anelli : this link maybe better to explain what is CUDA :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compute_Unified_Device_Architecture

It’s for parallel computing / processing with GPU architecture. For some processing it’s very very interesting and faster than CPU.

@Sylvain Pedretti thanks for your answer. Is Apple Mac Pro (late 2013) able to Apple this architecture?

Sorry: apply 

@Antonio Anelli : yes, i use the same config like you (Mac Pro (Late 2013))

More details here : https://bizon-tech.com/us/bizonbox3-egpu.html/

@Sylvan: I’m glad to hear I’m not alone. How do you run Pix4D on your Apple computer: do you use beta version for OSX or full version for Win 10 Pro?

@Antonio Anelli : actually a Windows version, on another workstation. But i would like to use my Mac Pro, with GPU processing, because this is a very beautiful workstation with many capacity. I have the same like you : SSD 1TB, 2x AMD FirePro etc.

Also i use PROMISE PEGASUS with Thunberbolt for storage, and 3x Bizonbox NVIDIA for GPU processing. I’m very interesting to use it with Pix4D Mapper, because processing is very faster than CPU.

@Sylvain Pedretti “3x Bizonbox NVIDIA for GPU processing” is an hardware inside or outside the Mac Pro?

@Antonio Anelli : it’s outside, because inside there is no area available :) Check the link at bizon-tech, you will see how it works and how to plug it. This use Thunderbolt connection.

@Sylvain Pedretti What model did you buy? How much did you pay? Dod you buy in Europe or directly in USA? What model is the best for a Mac Pro (late 2013)? Is it really worth?

@Antonio Anelli : everything is on the website, you need to read it. Yes for me i think it worth, but depend each people how use his workstation.

I have a new MacBook Pro 2016 with Sierra 10.12.3

Both the 3.0 Beta and the 2.2.25 are crashing after signing to my account. Is there a newer version or any settings required?

@rolf: I’m in the same situation as you are, the next version will be released at the end of february or march.

HEY PIX4D SUPPORT, CAN YOU GIVE US MORE INFORMATIONS PLEASE???

At the moment there is only one solution: install Windows Pro 10 using Boot Camp. I’ve done so.

Just a good new: I’ve used the beta version 3.0.13 on my Apple Mac Pro (late 2013) with OSX Sierra and it works fine!

As I posted before it works fine on a Apple Mac Pro (late 2013) but not on the latest Apple Mac Pro (late 2016)

I can confirm that version 3.0.13 works fine on my Apple Mac Pro (Late 2013) with a 3,7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5, 2 AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB, 64 Gb Ram, 1 SSD 1TB and a Thunderbolt Display Apple (27"): a very expensive system. I’ve installed also Windows 10 Pro via Boot Camp to be able to follow the continuous upgrades of Pix4Dmapper Pro, and it works fine also in Windows 10 Pro OS. This is my modest contribute 

We cannot log in Pix4D beta version on any of our mac and now if we try to run an older version we are logged out due to being logged in on the floating account on the beat version on two macs.

The application was running fine until this evening Australian eastern standard tome 2100. I had just finished running a part of a project and then closed the application when I went to run it again the startup (home screen) just flashed on and then shutdown immediately. I tried it on our second computer and the same happened.

We need to either be able to run the beta version or run an older version as soon as possible as we have a very expensive project due this week and we were about to run the last lots of images through and now cannot use the system. If we cannot have this issue soon asap we may lose the account and a very important account to the running of our business.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I also have a crashing install.  

Was running v2.2.25 on new MacBook Air with OS Sierra, for the past week as a trial to convince others that this is fantastic.  

That was running ok until this morning, when it started crashing on opening.  I know it will run faster on other hardware, this was a temporary mobile solution.

So I thought to reinstall.  Then I thoughtlessly installed 3.0.13, same result, and realized that was a mistake.  Reinstalled 2.2.25, but only get error message e0062: Server communication problem.  

Tried this with two different internet connections, downloaded fresh package, etc, same result.  

Any good ideas?