Apple iMac Pro and Pix4Dmapper Pro (OSX-not Beta)

Hi,

What’s new about OSX version?

I own now an Apple iMac Pro, latest 2017, a wonderful computer with:

• Processor Intel Xeon W 8-core at 3,2GHz
  • Turbo Boost 4,2GHz
  • 32GB memory ECC a 2666MHz
  • SSD 1TB
  • Radeon Pro Vega 56 with 8GB memory HBM2
  • 10Gb Ethernet
  • Four Thunderbolt 3
  • Display Retina 5K 27" 5120x2880 (P3)

Hi Antonio,

mcOS computers are not supported. You can find more information here.

1 Like

Of course I know. What is the problem? I know some manager in Apple.

The development of the Pix4D desktop software was decided to not continue on macOS. This decision was taken on Pix4D side based on the allocation of our resources.

If so, why do you continue to share a beta OSX Version?

Some customers still use the beta macOS version of Pix4Dmapper because they do not have Windows or Linux machines.

1 Like

So I’m right when I say that they would appreciate a not beta OSX version, isn’t it? Confidentially, do you need an help to develop your OSX version?

At the moment, there is no plan for further development regarding macOS. This is an internal decision that only relies on the product owners and managers of Pix4D.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

E’ una vergogna!!! :frowning:

1 Like

When will Pix4D reverse its decision not to support the MacOS architecrture?

1 Like

Stewart I completely agree with you: all over the world Apple is recognised to be the better and the most innovative “computer maker”, and Americans know this. Only Pix4D doesn’t know this! If you want, we can keep in contact. Send a pm to Ing.anelli@.tin.it. Regards

1 Like

Fabrizio, I completely agree with you: all over the world Apple is recognised to be the better and the most innovative “computer maker”, and Americans know this. Only Pix4D doesn’t know this! If you want, we can keep in contact. Send a pm to Ing.anelli@.tin.it. Regards

Very short sighted of Pix4D as an ever increasing number of people using the platform are using it for mapping utilising drones, and most use iMacs or MacBook Pro’s, pix4d will end up losing market share and respect as people are now starting to move off of pix4d. So many tech companies become arrogant when they are market leader, when the pack of cards start to crumble its to late. Hope pix4d don’t make this mistake like so many others have.

1 Like

@ david evans I agree with you: it’s a shame. More and more are abandoning Pix4D and are becoming “Metashape” (Agisoft) user: I don’t know why but if I was a Pix4D technician I should be alert.