Beta macOS version of Pix4Dmapper 3.0

As written above I’ve installed Windows 10 Pro via Boot Camp on my Apple Mac Pro (late 2013) to be able to follow the continuous upgrades of Pix4Dmapper Pro and it works fine. I heard this solution during March 2016 Pix4D workshop at Lausanne. No other ways known until they will finally come out the official Mac OS X version, not the beta one.

Hello All,

There is an issue related to the certificate of communicating with the server, which expired on Sunday. 

For the Windows version, the issue has been addressed and upgrading solves the issue. You can find more information here.
For the Mac version, we are working on releasing a bug fix 3.0 version that will solve the issue in the following days.

As a workaround, for the moment, you can:

1. Install bootcamp and use the latest version of Pix4Dmapper. You can find more information here: https://support.apple.com/boot-camp
  2. Create and process a project in Pix4D Cloud and download the outputs: https://cloud.pix4d.com/.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and we hope to provide you a permanent solution very soon.

Best regards,

Dear All,

We have detected an issue related to the licence validation process which led to an error when trying to log in/out and to crashes when trying to launch Pix4D Desktop when already logged in.

In order to fix this issue, we are releasing a bug fix version that can be downloaded from here.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks a lot, waiting for not beta OS X version! Regards

1 Like

Hello, thanks about your return.

Do you know when will be possible to support CUDA on Pix4D / macOS ?

Kind Regards,

Is that a joke ???  It’s not working at all!!

Always the same issue! Seriously I’ve been waiting 4 months and still NOTHING

No change with this new release 3.0.17… Still crashes after clicking login.

I just installed Pix4Dmapper_3.0.17.dmg and it is still crashing after I put in the password for the license verification.

@ Benjamin, Joel, Rolf: The crashes you are facing are not related to the recent issue. This issue is related to late 2016 machines. We are working on fixing this issue as well in the following days. 

@Sylvain: For the moment, there is no plan for CUDA support in Mac.

Best regards,

@Pix4DSupport, it would have been nice to call that out in the announcement, as the error you “fixed” is the same one we’re having. It would also be nice to provide some sort of timeline for when we should be able to expect a non-beta any MacOS working verion.

Thanks,
Joel

so far it is working now … thanks

Yes, it’s working for me. Thanks

Ok, on my Apple Mac Pro (late 2013) and Mac OS Sierra 10.12.2 Pix4Dmapper works fine. Waiting ever for not beta version with a such system (mine)!

Hello.  Please let me know when you have a beta for MacOS Sierra 10.12.3.   2016 MacBook. 2.9 GHz. Intel Core i7.  

Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

Thanks.  

Is there a solution for 2016 Macs yet?

Dear All,

In addition to the bug fix version released on 07.02.2017, we are releasing another bug fix version that you can download from here.

Bug fixes

• Bug fix where the software is crashing upon launch on late 2016 devices.
  • Bug fix where the detected available RAM is not correct and results to long processing time.

Known issues

• Downloading a project from the menu Project > Download Project Files… is not stable.

We hope this version solves the main issues of the OS X beta version.

Best regards,

This is GREAT.  Todays update - Version 3.0.18 works PIX4D.  Running it on my 2016 late edition MacBook Pro - macOS Sierra.   

Not working here

MBP 15" Late 2016 

Radeon Pro 460 4096 Mo

@Benjamin: Can you please try to download the version again from here? Are you still having issues?

The link you shared today gave me the 3.0.17 again, this is why it don’t work.
I’ll try the 3.0.18 in few hours.
Thank you