[Android, iOS] Parrot ANAFI support

I can actually somewhat confirm that bug as of Tuesday Nov 6.  The Anafi forced a firmware update right before my missions.  On the Double Grid mission type, the Anafi only ran a single pass, and quit during the first turn.  I only ran that mission type once though, and assumed I had somehow bumped the controls to make it stop.  A different bug that popped up is with the Circular mission.  All three of the missions I ran had the camera facing straight forward, instead of at the ground.  Now, the ability to set the camera angle would be very useful, but it is not (yet) available in that mission type.

I am fairly certain it was the firmware update that caused this.  I had tested Pix4Dcapture three weeks earlier and it worked great.

hi Gaël, thanks for your immediate response.

Are you updated with the latest Pix4Dcapture versions?

YES
Are you using the Android or iOS version of Pix4Dcapture?

ANDROID
Are you flying the same kind of missions than before and in similar places?

YES
Also, what is exactly happening when the Anafi stops the mission? Is it hovering or going back to land?

HOVERING
Is it happening always at the end of the second flight line or is it a random behavior during the second flight line?

AT THE END OF 2nd LINE

I checked everything it seems to be the firmware update as Brian Harrison mentioned

Thanks

Hi Brian and Christos,

Thank you for the additional details. Can you confirm me what version of the Anafi firmware do you have?

Best,

anafi:

software version 1.2.1

hardware version HW_03

===============================

controller:

hardware 2

software version 1.2.0

-Pix4d 4.4.1 (Android, Samsung S6)

-Anafi: Hardware Revision HW_03, Software Version 1.2.1
-Controler: Hardware Revision 2, Software Version 1.2.0

-Of note, Parrot pushed an update to Freeflight 6 this afternoon.  Though, it does not update the drone or controller.

-I tested the circular mission on Oct 23 and it worked as expected.

-Circular missions were performed on Nov 6th in a different location.  Mission flights were as expected, but the camera faced straight forward.  Additional note: Pix4D was complaining that I was too high and the circle was too big.  If either of those cause it to look straight ahead, please forgive me.

-Double Grid mission finished one line, partially completed the turn for the second line, then stopped and hovered.  Manual control was still possible.  To me, it behaved as if I had bumped one of the controls, so I dismissed it as an accident.  As I was having trouble recharging the batteries fast enough and having had better personal experience with circular missions, I did not attempt a repeat of the double grid.  I attached what Pix4Dcapture thinks of the mission.

Hello. I also encountered the same problems with the grid mission. Twice he stopped at the end of the second long swipe. I divided the mission into two pieces and performed it. I did two other smaller ones and ran them without problems. I tried again the first one but it always stopped at the second swipe. On the smartphone the grid is shifted compared to the original one. I thought it was Anafi broken but it consoles me to know that others have had the same problem. I bought the drone on Tuesday, November 6th and at the first power-on has updated the firmware. I await help.
Thank you.
Regards.
Simone

Hello to you all. I have the exact same problem as Christos and Simone. After completing the first line of a grid the anafi starts hovering and controls go manual. I use android. First i thought some ff6 parameter could be the problem so i set apropiate maximun distances . I also set advanced options in pix4dcapture to ensure the problems are not due to distances limits
…in fact my missions were very simple and near the home point. Thanks!

@all, thank you for your feedback, it seems that the issue is similar for users updated with the latest drone firmware on Android. We will investigate and keep you updated about the issue reported.

Best,

HELLO.
ARE THERE NEWS ABOUT THE PROBLEM FOUND ON ANAFI AFTER THE FIRMWARE UPDATE?
THANK YOU.
SEE YOU SOON.

SIMONE

Hi simone. Yesterday i updated the anafi firmware and i was able to complete a mission today. I hope the problem wont appear again…

Hi Javier.
Wednesday, I feel like that too. I hope that my anafi will also update the firmaware and if the problem is fixed.
I’ll let you know as soon as possible.
Thanks a lot.

Hi All,

Anafi FW 1.2.4 fixed the flightplan, all the pictures are now taken and recorded in the drone.

For the download process, they are stored on the Android phone internal memory but not necessarly seen in the project. Upload to the cloud from the App is therefore not working as it should be

Regards

Hi all,

As explained by Ludovic, the issue with the flight plan should be solved with the new firmware 1.2.4.
For the moment, it is still possible to download the pictures from the drone to the mobile but the project view and the upload to the cloud may not work as expected.

The issue is under investigation and it will be fixed in the next release.
Note that it is impacting the Android version of Pix4Dcapture and not iOS.

Thank you for your understanding,

Best,

Hi.

I updated anafi to 1.2.4 firmware version and I did some test missions.
I had no problem either on the double-grid or on the circular mission.
On the double-grid mission the drone took off abundantly outside the relief area and scanned, returning home without any problem.
The photos I download them with the usb cable from the drone.
For now it seems to me there are no problems at least for the missions of my use.
See you soon.

Simone

Hi Simone,

Thank you for your tests and feedback. 

Best regards,

Sorry about the long time since the last reply. I got caught up in holidays here. As of Saturday, 11/24, with the current Anafi and Pix4Dcapture updates, both the circle and double grid missions work perfectly. Thank you.

Thanks for your Feedback Brian,

Best,

Hello. Today I did several flight missions, but I had problems on the long sides of the grid missions. The drone passed in manual flight. Completed the mission but in some cases did not record all the photos especially on the long sides. Some of you have encountered this problem. Thank you.

It is possible that the non-visibility between controller and drone, caused by very tall buildings, can disconnect it.

Hi Simone,

regarding your two previous post,

• Can you tell which version of PIX4D and Anafi FW you were using so I can find out if I have the same difficulties?
  • ANAFI is working on WiFI at both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Maybe you can try to setup other channels in Freeflight 6 to avoid interferences that you might encounter