Add more geoid models for Pix4DMapper

I am a surveyor and your software is good but can you add more geoid models?
Right now I must use workarounds to adjust my project.

I need:

• Kronsztad86 (PL-KRON86-NH)
  • Kronsztad60 (PL-KRON60-NH)
  • PL-EVRF2007-NH
  • USA GEOID12B
  • USA GEOID20

Hi Rafal,

Thank you for the suggestion. We noted it down.

In Pix4Dmapper, the EGM84, EGM96, and EGM2008 models are supported. When using a different model, we recommend using the Height above ellipsoid option or GCPs to correctly position the project.

Pix4Dmatic supports global geoids (EGM84, EGM96, and EGM2008) as well as local geoids, for example, GEOID12B in the US and OSGM15 in the UK.
The full list is available in the List of supported geoids section.

Best,

Pix4DMapper is suited for surveyors, is it not?
Why then I can only choose from 3 geoid models and must use a workaround method for other geoids?
Where can I check the height above ellipsoid value for my geoids?

1 Like

The transformations between ellipsoidal and orthometric heights for a certain location are typically provided by national surveying agencies.

Cześć Rafał udało ci się ogarną temat z geoidami siedzę już jakiś czas i nie mogę zrastrować danych z gugik

@pawelkwiecinski1, the polish (quasi)geoids are not available in Pix4Dmapper. Please check the How to define Pix4D outputs with respect to a Geoid model for workarounds.

As a note, it is more likely that additional models will be added to Pix4Dmatic, so please let us know the model you are referring.

Best,

1 Like

If that’s not a problem then I’ll be grateful.
Going through transformations in an external program each time to get the correct offset is tiring
I have prepared 2 txt files to create such geoids
format data records lat \ lon \ alt in the first line are described
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1g0ztavMlfxKM8evnuCyoMjCXrkBGAPrx?usp=sharing

Thanks for the files! We will consider adding the models, but I cannot guarantee if/when they will be implemented.

Best,

Cześć, udało Ci się zrobić geoidy które podczytuje pix4d? Twój link wygasł…
Ja próbowałem zrobić je w innych programach ale za każdym razem program nie podczytywał geoid tam chyba było rozszerzenie tiff…

Zasadniczo rozwiazalem sobie problem nieco inaczej
przejscie przez zewnwetrzna aplikacjie zajmuje mi jakies 2 min

Można coś więcej usłyszeć o Twojej metodzie?
Wiem że ogólnie można sobie dostosować model obniżyć czy podwyższyć lecz jeśli chodzi o większe opracowania będą tworzyć się rozbieżności.

Hi @geodezja, as we already discussed with @pawelkwiecinski1, we are considering to add the polish (quasi)geoids in PIX4Dmatic. This way you will be able to directly select them in the software and there will be no need to do the transformations in third-party tools.

We are aiming to have the model supported by the end of this year.

Best,

Blaz
Nice that you guys are working on it in pix4d MATIC and maybe it will be released in the near future
which does not change the fact that I needed this solution in February and it was in pix4d MAPPER
I basically managed to get the program to work with the geoid I generated in the tiff file
I have no complaints, but the connection with the PIX4 application has weakened. I am using another application for orthophoto processing

Hi @Blaz I do not know if I understand correctly, will you provide the geoid of Poland for Pix4Dmatic and for Pix4mapper?

We are planning on adding those geoid models to PIX4Dmatic. From the information I have at the moment, it is not planned to add the models in PIX4Dmapper.

Best,

@pawelkwiecinski1, @geodezja, @rafaldrzewski

Does someone have a dataset with GCPs in EVRF2007-PL (EPSG:9651) or PL-KRON86 (EPSG:9650)?

More specifically, we are looking for a dataset that has:

• Precise image geolocation (RTK or PPK geotags),
  • Ground control points in EVRF2007-PL or PL-KRON86

Please let us know if you have one and you could share it with us for testing.

Best,

I understand you prepared geoids for pix4d mapperto Poland and you want to test?
What exactly are you interested in,
because I have 100 objects of various sizes, from 100 to 1500 photos,
all taken with the Phantom 4 RTK, ready for the moment.
Mainly my city and surroundings. Height transformed to EVRF 2007 NH

Eng. surveyor
Paweł Kwiecińśki

Exactly, we are considering to add the support for polish geoid models. We plan to add them to PIX4Dmatic and not PIX4Dmapper.

Do you have a P4RTK dataset with GCPs/Checkpoint in EVRF2007-PL or PL-KRON86?

Images do not need to be transformed into EVRF2007-PL, they can be ellipsoidal heights.

The dataset does not need to be very large, 100 - 500 images should be sufficient.

Best,

NAVD88

1 Like

NZVD16 Height Geoid, until Matic is as functional as Mapper it would be helpful having more Height datums in mapper as at this stage i have to use 3d GCP’s to have my data in the correct Vertical CRS

1 Like