This is about Pix4dCapture 1.4.1 (7) on iPhone 6. I’ve enjoyed playing with the app with my new Phantom 4. I’m impressed with the abilities out of the box. Here’s a few things I found a little awkward though:
- Need to sync images to my phone before uploading. What happens if there’s not enough space on my phone for the whole image set?
- I tried to upload an image set, and got a phone call part way through. After I finished the call, I went to resume uploading, and it wouldn’t start again - it just said 0 bytes / second. The last 3 images of the upload wouldn’t transfer.
- I wondered if deleting the project in the mapper app online and restarting the upload would work, so logged in and deleted the mission. Now Pix4dCapture crashes when I try to upload that mission.
- I see a p4d mission file is created, which I can email myself. It looks like the software that supports this only runs on Windows though? So I’m out of luck with my Mac.
- Can I upload the p4d mission files with the photos to the web app to have the information assist putting the mission together?
- Finally, being able to map a non-rectangular shape would be awesome - i.e. modify to an L shape or similar.
Thank you for the great software!