3D textured Mesh - Setting problem

Hello!

There is a little bug in your Pix4D desktop.

When choosing right settings for 3D textured mesh it varies what resolution you clicked previously. I mean if you go from “Low resolution” right to “High resolution” it does not change “Maximum number of triangles” (it stays at 100 000) but if you go from Medium to High it keeps mediums 100 0000 triangles.

Not a big problem but might lead to strange test results when comparing different settings.

Hi Revi,

Could you share a screenshot with me?

From my side when opting for high and medium the number of triangles stays the same while with the low resolution the number of triangles lower times 10; which is the expected behavior.

Thank you,

Ina

Hello Ina!

Thank you for your reply. I recorded a short clip and uploaded it to youtube. Hope you can view it.

https://youtu.be/Lye-rZAsnQ0

Thank you for sharing the video.

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce it from my side. 

What it could be is that if you change the custom settings, then it may have overwritten the default one.

If you are loading a pre-built template (3D Maps for example), you can still reproduce it?

Thank you,

Ina

Hi,

that’s really strange. I tried with both of my computers and same problem occurs.

I captured new video which shows whole workflow from creating new project to choosing 3D Mesh settings.

https://youtu.be/EePE2c1loic

As I mentioned earlier this is not a big problem. Just wanted to show it because when someone is making tests with different settings it could lead to strange results.

Hi Revi,

Thank you for taking the time to report this. I have transferred to our tester engineer so it will be tracked.

Meanwhile what is worth trying is re-install the software and always double check the settings are correct before generating the mesh. 

In case we reproduce it from our side; I will come back with updates.

Thanks,

Ina

Hello Revi,

Many thanks for the report, problem that you described might be confusing, but:

1. For “Low” and “Medium” resolution meshes we use option Decimation Criteria –> Quantitative –> Max. Number of Triangles

2. For “High” resolution mesh we use option Decimation Criteria –> Qualitative (does not include Max. Number of Triangles)

So for “High” resolution meshes we do not use this parameter, so results are not affected. We change this parameter only if you change between “Low” and “Medium” resolution.

Thanks,

Przemyslaw Zbikowski

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Now I get it. Parameter is not used so it’s not affected. It just alarmed me when it looked like you could get two different high detail - settings.

You have great support at Pix4D, thanks.

1 Like