Which system upgrades are best?

Hi, I have a little problem. I have currently 2 systems available and both have some bottlenecks. 

the first system has a intel xeon E52620V4 and 16 gb ddr4 server ram.

the second sytem has an intel 7700k and 64gb of ddr4 ram.

So now I want to build the best possible pc. I need an SSD and gpu in both cases since neither of them have one. Unfortunatly I can not swap the ram from the second system to the first since its not compatible. Buying new server ram is crazy expensive (1000 dollars easy). So I wonder what I do best? I know that the eight core xeon is better than the I7, but is the 16gb ram going to bottleneck this so much that the i7 might work better? I am planning to do around 500 images 20Mp per job. If I upgrade the xeon processor system, am I going to benefit more from extra ram or an SSD+GPU? My budget in upgrades is around 500 dollars.

Kind regards,

Stijn

This gets asked plenty around here…answer always the same, Threadripper or Core i9 with GTX1080Ti and 128GB RAM.  The Xeon is likely not better than the i7 but I didn’t lookup the exact specs.

My relatively new Core i9 beast of a computer cost $6,000 if you want to explore all options in Pix4D and do it the fastest.  Compromise down to fit your budget but you need 3 main things, GHz, Cuda cores, and RAM.

$500 won’t really get you close to the best possible Pix4D computer but you can improve your i7 with a new GPU.

https://community.pix4d.com/t/4079-Pix4D-Computer-hardware-community-benchmark#gsc.tab=0