Well Done Pix4D!

We conducted our first tests with autonomous flight for ios using Pix4d Capture and DJI P3P today and the workflow and outputs are incredible. Everything worked as it should, which seriously inspired our confidence in Pix4D.

After defining the area to be mapped, the UAV took off autonomously, completed the grid and started downloading the images before landing. Seriously, what more could you ask for? This is game changing tech for us, as we are used to manually capturing this data.

As for the software end, generating the preview on the iPhone 6 Plus, loading it to the Pix4D cloud, and then viewing the output worked absolutely flawlessly. We processed the output in Pix4D Mapper on a 2015 Macbook Pro (16GB ram and i7 processor) for comparison, and the results were significantly sharper in detail, but I am certainly not complaining about the quick preview file.

We are extremely excited about this technology and can’t wait to deploy it in the field this Spring/Summer. Amazing job Pix4D!

1 Like

Hello Marc,

Thank you for your feedback :slight_smile: is very much appreciated.

Please do not hesitate to post your comments and to share your experiences. 

Best Regards,

:+1:
I want to thank Jeff, Andrew and Angad for hosting a very well organized and informative class in Atlanta Georgia last week. Thanks Pix4D team for supporting your user community.

3 Likes

We are very glad to hear you enjoyed our Workshop! Feel free to post your after-Workshop questions (if any) and share the knowledge with the Community :slight_smile: