Warning W9020

What is the meaning of this warning? Received this warning and Initial Processing failed.

[Warning]: Warning w9020: GDAL error <4> Unable to create jpeg file C:/Program Files/Pix4Dmapper/Survey_Projects_Nicoletta_Survey/Demay_T2_2_15_2018/1_initial/project_data/thumbnails/DJI_0341_512.jpg.

[Warning]:   

[Error]: Failed to write to <C:/Program Files/Pix4Dmapper/Survey_Projects_Nicoletta_Survey/Demay_T2_2_15_2018/1_initial/project_data/thumbnails/DJI_0341_512.jpg

&nbsp;

Hi Peter,

We are in contact with you about this issue via our ticketing system.

If applicable, we will post here once your issue is resolved.

Regards

I too recently been getting the same warning signs.

Warning w9020 GDAL error.

I was wondering if you have found a solution to this problem??

Hey Allen,

The warning message Warning w9020: GDAL error can appear for various reasons. We have not posted the solution, because we have not heard back yet from @Peter Nicoletta during our investigation.

I invite you to contact Technical Support via our form here, so that we can better investigate the issue.

Before sending in your request, please attach the following to your message:

▸ The quality report (.pdf format): …\project_name\1_initial\report\project_name_report.pdf
▸ The project log file (text file): …\project_name\project_name.log
▸ The project file (.p4d): …\project_name.p4d
▸ A few screenshots of the 3D rayCloud view.

Also, send us the machine specs:

1. Click the Windows Start icon and type System Information. Select the application in the list above.
  2. In the application, click File > Save… and export the content.
  3. Attach the file your_file.nfo to the reply.

Thank you for your help!

[Warning]: Warning w9020: GDAL Error <4> C:/Users/masyraf/Documents/Received Files/hhh/1_initial/project_data/thumbnails/DJI_0013_512.jpg: No such file or directory

[Warning]: Unable to open 'C:/Users/Documents/Received Files/hhh/1_initial/project_data/thumbnails/DJI_0013_512.jpg

can someone help me

Hi Maz,

Can I ask you to contact us and send the files which my colleague Rhéa mentioned above?

We would need more details to efficiently resolve the issue you are experiencing. 

Thanks in advance!

Hi Beata,

I have exactly the same problem as Maz:

[Error]: ClusterProcessing: Not enough initialized photos

[Error]: Generating tiles failed!

[Error]: \>\>\>Generating tiles\<\<\< failed with error (failed to run a step!)!

[Error]: \>\>\>Generating tiles\<\<\< failed with error (failed to run a step!)!

Followed by:

[Warning]: Warning w9020: GDAL Error \<4\> N:/Altum/Mareeba/Pix4d/20190311\_G1\_120m/1\_initial/project\_data/thumbnails/0007SET\_001\_IMG\_0358\_3\_512.jpg: No such file or directory

For whatever reason Pix4D is looking for images that start with ‘0007SET_’ (which is the name of the folder with the original imagery), while the actual images in the thumbnails folder don’t have this prefix. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Yuri

Hi Yuri,

Please submit a request to Pix4D Support Team. We will investigate the issue.

Please attach the following to your message:

▸ The quality report (.pdf format): …\project_name\1_initial\report\project_name_report.pdf
▸ The project log file (text file): …\project_name\project_name.log
▸ The project file (.p4d): …\project_name.p4d

Thank you!

Why not post the solution here so we don’t have to take the time to submit ticket? Seems like that makes more work for Pix4d too.

2 Likes

Hi Tyler, pdfs or doc files cannot be attached here which is why we ask you to write tickets. We are working towards a better solution for the community.

After the question has been solved through the ticketing system, we try to update the results here if the user got in touch with us. It would be also great if all our community users post their solutions here after it has been solved through support. Have a great day! Hope you understand :slight_smile:

I too am getting these errors as mentioned above. Was a solution found? I tried to contact tech support from, the link posted by Rhea, but it says page does not exist. Please advice.

Hi Vivek,

The link has been restored.
Please attach your Quality Report and Log file if you want us to have a look on your project.

Best,

Hi Marco,

Yes, I will do that shortly. I was wondering if you know what the actual cause of warning w9020 was? for me it says the following “GDAL Error <1> latitude or longitude exceeded limits”. This is particularly frustrating in that I would expect multiple errors down the processing line due to this.

Cheers,
Vivek

Why will you not post the fix? I have emailed the support team too with same problem.

1 Like

I have same issue, could you please tell me how to solve it!

1 Like

Is there any solution to this by now?

2 Likes

Anything discovered?I have a project that needs processing.

I had a similar problem when the images were on a removable SSD. When I moved the images and project to an internal drive, warnings/errors went away. Removable SSDs have more R/W errors and it seems Pix4D does not retry a couple times.

Hi all,

Most of the GDAL errors are just an internal warning that should not affect the processing, so it should not worry you. They are meant mostly for developers and could even be hidden not to cause confusion.

For example, the following messages can simply be ignored if you notice them:

• [Warning]: Warning w9020: GDAL Error <1> latitude or longitude exceeded limits
  • [Warning]: Warning w9020: GDAL Error <4> ... 1_initial/report/html/dsm_preview.tif: No such file or directory

In case that you are experiencing crashes or other issues with processing, then let us know, and we will have a look.

Best,

1 Like