[Warning]: No path from reference camera to images

I used the Sequoia camera on a phantom 4 pro drone to take images at 90 m. But when I process them in pix4dmapper the processing failed with warnings and error messages, :

[Warning]: No path from reference camera to 287

[Warning]: No path from reference camera to 287

[Warning]: No path from reference camera to 339

[Warning]: No path from reference camera to 340

[Warning]: No path from reference camera to 354

Processing: Substep Camera calibration finished.

[Error]: No calibrated cameras.

Processing: Substep Report generation started.

Processing: Read keypoints.

Processing: Substep Report generation finished.

[Error]: Error e0046: Processing failed. No calibrated cameras.

In anther pix4dmapper project, when I added all the RGB images, not all images are appearing, althought the RGB images were processed with warnings, the output RGB mosaic had light and dark shades. It looks terrible.

Please help me!

Hi @dronegobabeb, We have received your personal support request. We can solve it there and it would be great if you can update here after the troubleshooting is done.

I have the same problem. I use Yuneec H520. Bu I can’t get any output mosaic.

@Rafal, Can you share your logfile, quality report (pdf) and p4d file?

POZDRAWIAM

Rafał Mączyński

Starszy Specjalista ds. Stanu Posiadania i BHP

Tel. 29 752 30 22 wew. 31

Kom. 730 947 303

image001.png

Nadleśnictwo Przasnysz

ul.Zawodzie 4, 06-300 Przasnysz

rafal.maczynski@olsztyn.lasy.gov.pl

2020-06-17 kolejna proba.log (2.5 MB)

Rafal, Can you write a support ticket to us with a link where you can upload the images? Click on contact support on this page: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us. I think you had very less overlap or you flew low. Was there a mountain/water body/forest in the area?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pytD2l2hDQ-KBneWMmcxC-eVm0Bn3R5a?usp=sharing

Like You see, there is forest area in this pictures.

Altitude 150m, 85% frontal and 70% side overlap.

POZDRAWIAM

Rafał Mączyński

Starszy Specjalista ds. Stanu Posiadania i BHP

Tel. 29 752 30 22 wew. 31

Kom. 730 947 303

image001.png

Nadleśnictwo Przasnysz

ul.Zawodzie 4, 06-300 Przasnysz

rafal.maczynski@olsztyn.lasy.gov.pl

Rafal, I looked at your images and processed them. I would recommend flying higher. From the GSD calculator, it showed a GSD of ~ 4 cm for a flight height of 150 m while your project has a GSD of ~ 1 cm/pixel

I would recommend flying higher. The reason is because if you do not fly higher though there might be 85% overlap on ground, on the top of the trees, the overlap reduces and Pix4D is not able to find enough matched keypoints (ATPs). I would also say my eyeballing, that the side overlap is low.

I am attaching my quality report.

87815_report.pdf (240.0 KB)

Thanks for Your help. How high should I fly? How do You think?

I think it would be good to keep more 30-40 m height from the top of the trees.

I flew about 120 meters above the tops of the trees.

Hi Rafal, 120 m seems great. That shouldn’t have caused any issues if you have 85% overlap. However, from your images, I can see one object repeats only in 2 images (low overlap). There is a logpile in image 0009 and it repeats only in 0010. For good overlap, one object should be present in at least 5 images. For homogeneous regions like this, you would need to use higher overlap (both frontal and side at least 85%)

I’m having the same issue, flying a barley field with the eBee SQ at 120 metres. I’ve flown it before with now problems but this time, it’s giving me the same error and only processes parts of the field. I will log a personal support request and send the report and log file.

We will update here when the personal request is solved.

I haven’t resolved this problem. But I think I just had bad images. I need hourly repeat flights and pick the good images takes 3 hours before and after noon, for processing and they look better. I think Sequoia images are heavily affected by the Sun illumination or sun angle/position.

1 Like

I have the same issue using Pix4Dmapper 4.6.4 and XT2 camera: I flown at 40 meters AGL. P.S.: I’m processing thermal images, so I can’t flow higher due to the low resolution of XT2 thermal camera. What is the solution?