TIN export format problem to Qgis or arcgis

Hello, I just created a TIN from a LIDAR point cloud (L1 DJI). I want to export it to GIS software. This is impossible with an .xml format…
How to do ?

thanks in advance

Camille

Hi camille,
Esri uses a format called the Esri TIN. This is a proprietary format however you can convert the landXML file to the Esri TIN using their spatial analyst extension. You can read more about this tool in the article below.

Thank you for your reply. I managed to convert it to ESRI TIN but the file is not georeferenced. Is this normal? Do you plan to offer a raster output format on pix4D Survey?

Thanking you,

Camille P.

Hi Camille,
I had to do a little digging on the Esri site to understand why it throws an error when defining the projection within ArcMap. It appears that this is a known issue. As a result Esri has published this article on several workarounds to help correct the problem.

Problem: Unable to project a TIN in ArcMap

Survey is designed for vectorization and is not intended to create a raster output. If you are looking for a raster then you will want to bring the L1 dataset into either ArcGIS or QGIS to classify and generate a raster.