Survey like a boss šŸ’Ŗ

@Jaakko: I knew the snow would not stop you! :smiley: Nice project! I think it was worth to do a second version with the processing area and a few tie points, looks sharp.

@RaĆŗl MartĆ­nez: Cool project! Thanks for sharing the history of the place, makes me travel. :slight_smile:

@Timothy Nichols: Iā€™m sorry, but I am unable to locate the Pix4D logo in your project. Could you add an annotation if I missed the spot? Please make sure the Pix4D logo is there, itā€™s required to be a valid submission. Otherwise, nice project and usage of GCPs!Ā 

@Adam: Iā€™m looking forward to your submission :DĀ 

@Marcus Schmitt: Very nice project! I like the red Pix4D and the overall settings.

@Miodrag Lukic: Glad to see part of your 38km survey! I had a look at the quality report of the project you have submitted, there is still a 11% difference in the camera parameter optimization. You mentioned you knew how to fix the problem on the desktop (I would suggest to select the camera model from the Pix4D camera database, maybe also use All Prior). In the challenge description there is a link on how to upload projects from Pix4D desktop (here), this means you can do the changes you need on the desktop and then upload the project from processing on the cloud. Hope it helps! Keep us posted if there are more questions.Ā 

@Ryan Brazeal: Bunch of surveyors indeed! Glad to hear that the training went well in these cool conditions! :DĀ 

@Michael Lee: Great choice of place. There is even a hidden gem in the 3D model of your project, have to share it here even though the qualitative part of the challenge is about the DSM and orthomosaic:Ā 
Although the Pix4D logo is pretty much overexposed, I will check the images if itā€™s there. :slight_smile: Edit: validated!

@Jessika Paola Escobar Gonzalez: Pretty location! Thanks for your contribution!:palm_tree:

@gautier chapuis: You seem to have a Pix4Dmodel license, so your output is limited to a 3D model. The challenge requires to have the DSM and orthomosaic, Iā€™ve added a Pix4Dmapper Trial license that lasts until the end of the challenge to your account, so that you can resubmit the project. You will have to logout and login again (on desktop) to select the Trial license or directly in the Cloud settings. NOTE: I could not find the Pix4D logo in your project, make sure there is one!Ā 

@Sam Bramble: Nice truck and project!Ā 

Great submissions overall! Very proud of the Pix4D community! Hope to see a few more before the end of the challenge. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Pierangelo

Ā 

oops! it looks like I had it unchecked for some reason. Here is the checked annotation version. Thank you!

Ā 

https://cloud.pix4d.com/pro/project/255664/map?shareToken=41ebcef77c214c73ac2758b4a5d95aab

@Timothy: awesome! ā€œhiddenā€ in the center of the project. Thanks for updating it!Ā 

Pix4DĀ Take a look at my Survey like a boss challenge.Ā  Inskip Elementary School Addition.Ā  30,000 Square Feet addition to educate future surveyors and mappers.Ā Ā #Pix4Dchallenge Phantom 4 Pro, 8 Ground Control Points located with RTK GPS

Ā 

https://cloud.pix4d.com/bim/site/39571/project/258055/map?shareToken=49ea9e95d706442aae8898ce7c890bc2

Ā 

Ryan Lynch

2 Likes

@RyanĀ 

Nice looking ortho you got there. First time Iā€™ve seen cad overlay in action. Any change you could share Quality Report with us?

Sorry for the poor grid, wife had my iPad over weekend and I had to fly manual with my phone.

Ā 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wDqN-hhcMRaHijhUA2TaV2XJoks7Zrm0/view?usp=sharing

I hope youā€™ll get one for yourself from this challenge :slight_smile:

1 Like

And that is one reason why I entered.Ā  :wink:

1 Like

Ā 

EDIT - I was using the iPad Mini 2, not the 4.

Ā 

And Ryan, was that done in Pix4Dmapper or Pix4DBIM? I noticed the yellow header color.Ā  I see no ortho or DSM.

Ā 

Hopefully the Cloud will get done with mine before Thursdayā€¦

Yes it is BIM that is where you get the CAD overlay.Ā  I only use one flight app at a time and I have had good success with my mini 4.

How big is your project Adam is itā€™s going to take 3 days to process?

Any suggestions to get crisp building edges in dsm on cloud processing.we can create new surface in Pix4D desktop to get good DSM but in cloud i canā€™t achieve the same any suggestions to improve my dsm on cloud processing.Ā 

@Ryan, well we all use just one flight app at a time unless using that awful DJI GS Proā€¦I donā€™t see issue with Pix4DCapture but just about every other flight app will overheat an iPad miniĀ 2 unless just manually flying.Ā  I used the miniĀ 2 for about a year and then 6 or so months ago updated flight apps really overpower the processor in that mini but I have never tried the Mini 4.Ā  *EDIT*

@Jaakko, it is about 40 gigapixels with a high overlap so it is slow on my desktop and takes about twice as long in the Cloud.Ā  I had a change in exposure over the flights and my first run didnā€™t have enough MTPs so running it again pushes the Thursday deadline.

@vicky, the Cloud will run the same settings so customize in desktop and then upload.Ā  The Cloud hardware is different so a slightly different result will be produced but rarely is it noticeable.

@Adam,

I really like GS Pro.Ā  What are you currently using to plan and fly?

Hang onā€¦my badā€¦

I was using an iPad mini 2, not the 4.Ā  Sorry for the confusion and I will edit my posts.

Ā 

@Ryan, best for another thread but DJI GS Pro takes inconsistent pictures when at the highest overlap and keeps no flight log for geotagging or maintenance logs.Ā  Horrible product when DJI already has an app with flight logsā€¦

@Ryan: Pretty good grid for a manual flight, and building for a good cause! I agree with Jaakko, cool to see the CAD overlay. :)Ā 

@Adam: Interesting. We chose the iPad mini 4 as prize because it is the most used tablet with Pix4Dcapture. We have one at the office for testing and it seems to work fairly well so far. Note that the technical specs changed from model 2 to model 4, mostly the CPU got an upgrade andĀ went from ā€œApple A7: Dual-core 1.3 GHz Cyclone (ARM v8-based)ā€ to an ā€œApple A8 (Dual-core 1.5 GHz Typhoon)ā€.Ā The GPU is also newer, although it is still a quad core.Ā I think that the trade-off between size (easy to carry) and processing power seems to make it a valued choice for Pix4Dcapture users.Ā 

Ps: sounds like a huge project youā€™re processing for the challenge, canā€™t wait to see it :smiley: If even your setup is slow for processing it, it has to be a monster of a project.Ā 

@vicky vamp: As Adam mentioned, you can setup your project on the desktop and upload it to the Cloud. This article gives the step by step instructions.Ā 

Hello All,Ā 

After having used PIX4D at work for almost a year now (switched), I have been very impressed with the UI and Output.Ā We make use of PIX4D for daily/weekly/monthly site Surveying and Mapping with outstanding results!

Below is a link to a BMX TRACK project that I engaged my son with as he has been showing interest in UAVs for several years now. We didnā€™t use any GCPs but the result is pretty good. We used an old Phantom 4 from work that I had at home as I did some repairs on it over the weekend.

https://cloud.pix4d.com/pro/project/258362/map?shareToken=2a49d2850c784498bfc8a7048486daf1

Quality Report - https://www.dropbox.com/s/sc3taxi2k1obxt1/BMX%20TRACK_report.pdf?dl=0

1 Like

@Peter Oā€™Donnell: Sweet! Makes me want to get out and ride. Glad to hear that the challenge was the opportunity for a family activity. Also glad to hear that you have had a good experience with Pix4D software!Ā 

1 Like

As per @Pierangeloā€™s request, here is the updated Highway with fixed camera. Down to 2.05% :slight_smile:

Ā 

https://cloud.pix4d.com/pro/project/258490/map?shareToken=e6928f1109cf45d59b801a1290359586

1 Like

Hello all,

Just tried something differently forĀ  [Pix4Dchallenge #2] Survey like a boss :muscle:. Really enjoyed andĀ Learned many things while doing this survey, thanks for Pix4d for creating thisĀ challenge.

This isĀ  forĀ Pix4DĀ An Indian Style Handmade Art.Hope you guys like it.Ā @Despina Karavia, @Lisa Chen, @Matthieu Deveau , @Pierangelo RothenbĆ¼hler.Ā 

https://cloud.pix4d.com/pro/project/259999/map?shareToken=f4271d2eef994770b4c045006953830a

Ā 

Ā 

Ā https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6379322419504603136

[

](PIX4Dcloud)

Ā 

Ā 

3 Likes