Support Website Contact Support Blog

Strange artefact instead of ground surface

Hi There…could anyone tell me why the very strange artefact shown in the two attached images would appear in my processed results. It is a massive ‘rift’ where the ground surface should be similar to the rest of the orthomosaic ground surface.

Hi,

Indeed, we have to find a way to improve your results!
Could you share here with us the Quality Report of that project?

Best!

Hi there…here is a link (I think) to the report.

Hopefully the link works!! Please let me know if it doesn’t.

Cheers

:slight_smile:

Blue Wolf

@Roger_Mehr1 thank you for the Quality Report!

I review it, and I would have some suggestions. However, since I am not sure which one would apply better, would you agree to upload your project to our OneDrive so I can process it and give you final recommendations? Please check your email. I shared with you the link to the OneDrive. :wink:

Best!

Hi, I am new here. Have been using Pix4d for the past 4 years. I recently started using a PPK GPS system and more often than not I am getting results similar to the distortion you experienced. Pix4D is limited in coordinate and geoid choices and I think that maybe causing the issue.
I await the outcome from your interaction with interest.

Welcome in our Community @bill :cake:

The area @Roger_Mehr1is trying to reconstruct is very uniform. It’s basically sand, and the software has a problem matching keypoints. I believe we can obtain better results using different processing options. That’s why I want to give it a try :slight_smile:

Best!

So do you need my processed data or just the photo’s I was using?

Cheers

:slight_smile:

Just the photos and your .p4d file :slight_smile:

Let me know once you finish uploading them.
Thanks!

Hi Beata

I have uploaded the P4D file and all (278) of the photo’s. I am eager to see what you can do with them!

Hi @Roger_Mehr1 :wink:

I processed your dataset.

This is what I got.

However, to be honest, I’m still disappointed that I didn’t manage to model trees. It would be helpful to have some oblique images to do so. UrallaGrindingGrooves_report.pdf (1.7 MB)

Let me know what you think.

Btw, very very nice car! :wink:

Wow thanks for that…a lot better and definitely got rid of that ground surface issue. I was going to ask about the trees as well…but it seems you already saw that issue. How can I access the project data you’ve generated?
BTW…it is a great car…I love it!
Thanks again
Roger

Hi @Roger_Mehr1

I’m thrilled that you like my results! I shared them with you. Please check your email.

Speaking about trees what could also help is the higher altitude during the flight. :wink:

All the best to you. Drive safe :slight_smile: