Smart Oblique Mapping P1

Does anyone have experience with the DJI P1 mapping with smart oblique enabled and processed with pix4d mapper ? I’m used to just regular mapping with 80% overlap. I just figured smart oblique would show the curbs and ramps better as well as structures.

Also is there a way to get navd88 datum on pix4d mapper? I’m currently working out of nad83 Pennsylvania north and south zones but I don’t see a datum for navd88?

Thanks
Rick

1 Like

Hi @richard.kavitski,

Welcome to the Pix4D Communty :handshake:.

Yes, oblique acquisitions are better suited if you are looking for 3D reconstructions.

You can find additional information here:

Regarding the vertical datum, please note that PIX4Dmapper does not support the use of local geoid models. Only a global geoid model or a constant shift can be applied.
You can find some workarounds here:

Cheers

I’ve been a pix4d member for 2yrs. I have a perpetual license. Does pix4d matic have local geoid such as navd88?

Richard Kavitski

Survey Technician

Hi Rick,

Yes, PIX4Dmatic has NAVD88 and many others.

You can take a look at this article:

Cheers

Is there any pricing discounts for pix4d matic being we have mapper? My account is under Richard.Kavitski@oneatlas.com.

Richard Kavitski

Survey Technician

Hi Rick,

We have a special bundle PIX4Dmatic + PIX4Dsurvey for PIX4Dmapper perpetual license holders.

You can find more information here:

Please contact our sales team here and explain your situation:

Cheers.

Good evening-

Being a perpetual license holder for pix4d mapper it really bothers me that I can’t use the local geiods.

Can I trail the pix4d matic and pix4d survey before seeing about purchasing?

Thanks
Rick

cid:image003.png@01D587FF.199A71E0

Richard Kavitski

Survey Technician

O: 570.587.3339 C: 570.233.0526

Hi @richard.kavitski

Thank you for your feedback.

Please note that this is not a limitation for perpetual license holders, but the limitation affects all PIX4Dmapper users.

If you still want to use PIX4Dmapper with a local geoid models, you can add a constant shift in order to match the local magnitude of the local geoid (in case of very small projects) or transform the data with tools provided by the national mapping institutions (if available).
More information here:

Yes, it is possible to trial PIX4Dmatic and PIX4Dsurvey. Just download the app, sign in, and a “start trial” button will appear.

Let me know if this works for you.

Good morning-

Thank you for the fast response. Does matic have the ability to choose the local geoid datum ?

Thanks
Rick

cid:image003.png@01D587FF.199A71E0

Richard Kavitski

Survey Technician

O: 570.587.3339 C: 570.233.0526

Hi @richard.kavitski ,

Sure, in PIX4Dmatic you can choose local geoid models.

You can find more information, as well as a list of supported geoid models in this article: