Release collaboration

Improved collaboration

Did you ever want to have more control over sharing your project with others? Now you can with our new sharing configuration.

To share a project, you start as you always did, by clicking the “share” button:

Although, now you are presented with a couple of new options:

• enable / disable  share links,
  • can view and measure  link,
  • and a  can edit and save  link. 

Once you enable a share link, you will be able to copy the link and share it with a collaborator. It’s as easy as that. No more steps!

A person that uses a  “can view and measure”  link will be able to:

• open a project as an anonymous user,
  • measure,
  • change properties of each layer (visibility, opacity, background color etc),
  • after a page refresh, the changes will be discarded.

A person that uses a  “can edit and save”  link will be able to:

• open a project as an anonymous user,
  • measure and save the measurements (it happens automatically),
  • change properties of each layer and save them.

Other features/improvements

• New logos and a refreshed user interface across all Pix4D Cloud applications.
5 Likes

Is there, or will there be a method to remove access to users once a link has been shared?

Currently, once a link is shared the only way to “unshare” is to remove the site?

1 Like

Great work!

I have been waiting for this feature, really good for collaboration. Is there a roadmap for other improvments? One of my wishes is to be able to import and add a shapefile layer over my photo.

Erik

Hogda Skog

Tulalip GIS - actually now you can. For each link you have the toggle button to turn the share link on/off.

One thing to keep in mind is that it doesn’t affect the links shared prior to 17th of October 2018.

@Per erik Hermansson

There’s definitely a roadmap for additional improvements and importing shapfiles as additional layers is something we’re evaluating. What kind of information are you expecting to overlay to your orthomosaics?

Great work!

What is the same for the tags?

@Peter_Jurczynski the public share url is available via the cloud api but when i view the toggle for sharing in the pix cloud ui the project share url is set to off by default it seems. However, the share url provided by the api still works. Do I need to turn it on and off to disabled the default? I assume if this isn’t a project template setting it should be default off vs on as it seems now. If you plan to fix this please let us know before you do so we can update our template.

If i’m wrong please advise so i’m clear. This is a bit of a security hole if is true.

Thanks,
Grant

Hi pix4d14

The “public share url” that you’re referring to has a different purpose and it’s not the same link as the one accessed via UI. It’s a permanent (non-revokable) read only access to a project and should only be used with caution. Also it’s worth mentioning, that both share urls are non-guessable. The only way to obtain the share url is by having already an access to the project (you are either an owner, or you already copy/pasted a share url to someone).

The share urls accessible through the UI though are a different story. These are disabled by default and can be enabled/disabled through UI.

Currently the only way to get a hold of the “public share url” (read only) is by being an owner of the project, or by accessing an API as a anonymous user to an already shared project. The latter can be seen as a potential threat with low risk.

2 Likes