Reflectance maps have two bands for each individual color band

Hello,

I am importing my individual reflectance maps for each band (R, G, B, NIR, Red-Edge) into QGIS. I am wondering why each band has two bands listed as ‘Band 1 (Gray)’ and Band 2?

Thank you!

Hi @madeline.moore2,

The behavior you are experiencing is likely due to the way the data is stored and interpreted by QGIS. Reflectance maps generated by PIX4Dmapper are single-band images where the pixel values represent the reflectance of the corresponding band e.g., R, G, B, NIR, Red-Edge .

However, if you are seeing two bands for each reflectance map in QGIS, it might be a result of how the file format is being read by the software. It’s possible that the second band is an alpha channel or some other form of metadata that QGIS is interpreting as an additional band.

Let me know if this helps.

Daniele

Thank you! I am curious if the 2 bands is the cause of my issue. I have used the virtual raster builder to combine the 5 bands to 1 image where I get a warning message that the system only used the first band of each image (this would be the one labeled ‘band 1 (gray).’ When I calculate NDVI using the appropriate bands, the map is nearly only blue, showing the entire map having NDVI values from 0-1 when the Pix4D NDVI map had much different results.

Do you have knowledge of why this may be?

Thank you!

Hi Daniele,

How to export or Save the R_JPG format or .CSQ format using Pix4D?

Can you please advise?

Krishna

Hello Krishna,
The output can’t be in rjpeg format, you should use the reflectance map that is generated and you should be able to combine them using QGIS to create the composite map. The reflectance map would be in the geoTIFF format.

Thank you, Mr. Kapil.

How do i merge these bands if each bands has 2 bands? I want to create an rgb