Processing Computer Setup

Hello all, my company has been using Pix4D for about 4 years now and recently we are stating to experience slow processing speeds. We are running projects around 2,000 images and the processing usually takes around 24 - 36 hours to complete. I’ve recently ran a small project and watched the performance tab on task manager and it seems that the only thing running at its peak limit is the CPU at almost all times. Our computer specs are as follows
Computer 1:
CPU - i7-6700K 4 Core
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
RAM - 32GB
Computer 2:
CPU - i7-5960X 8 Core
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
RAM - 64GB
We are currently looking into upgrading both CPUs to the AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16 Core. If anyone could shed some light on my situation or if we should carry on with the CPU swap or choose something else then that would be wonderful.

Hi @Chris-Raven-Aerial,

I have some questions:

• In which version of Pix4Dmapper are you processing the projects?
  • Are you working with RGB datasets?
  • Are your NVIDIA drivers up to date?

I’d be nice if you could share with us one .log file so we can investigate the processing.

Additionally, please have a look at below articles. Each of them has some information about AMD Ryzen 9 3950X performance inPix4Dmapper.

Regards,

Hello Beata,
We are currently running the latest software offering (4.5.6)
We are working with RGB Data sets
Our NVIDIA Drivers are currently up to date

The .log file is unable to upload since it is too big.

Thank you for the link it certainly helped. So far the AMD Ryzen 9 3950x is looking like the best option for the highest speed at the most reasonable price.

Hi,

Oh, right! Please upload your .log file to our OneDrive.

Thanks