Pix4dmatic Large Project Dataset

Hi

We have a project with 12,000 images would this be possible to process with just one job file ?

How should you best process this large amount of nadir data set ?

If you have to seperate files and merge can you explain the whole process from the start to the end deliverables.

2023-07-07_10-41-36.txt (8.4 KB)

Hi Ben,

You can process them in one job.

If the image content is rich in texture (not like dense vegetation),

Please try Large scale and corridor for the Template and Scalable standard for the Pipeline. This is the best for nadir images and also faster processing speed.

For more info: Calibration - PIX4Dmatic

For a job with 12,000 images, there is no need to split the projects then merge unless the computer hardware limits the processing performance.

Please have a look if the hardware requirement is fulfilled based on this article: Recommended hardware - PIX4Dmatic

You may need more than the following requirements as there are more than 10,000 images.

• RAM:
    • 64 GB (5,000-10,000 images at 20 MP).
  • Disk Space*:
    • SSD, 300 GB - 450 GB Free space (5,000-10,000 images at 20 MP).

In this article you can find the workflow for merging projects: Merge Projects - PIX4Dmatic

Best,
Rosana (she/her)

Thanks for your response.

What is the largest amount of images that can be mergeged in total to 1 job?

This is because we would want to export just one point cloud and Orthomosaic image.

Kind regards

Ben Connelly

Hi we are having issues trying to open pix4dmatic . The program doesnt always open and there is definitely an issue. I have run events viewer and the excpetion error is as attached

Hi Ben,

From the faulting module name I can see hmpalert.dll.

This is belongs to the HitmanPro.Alert software.

If you are using this software, add PIX4Dmatic to the allowed programs. If this is still not helping, try to reinstall HitmanPro.Alert or verify with your system administrator.

I hope this helps. Feel free to let me know how it goes.

Best,
Rosana (she/her)

Hi Ben,

I recommended checking this thread.

Many variables come into play on what could be the largest amount of images that can be merged in total of 1 job. The variables include the image resolution, the computer’s hardware, the processing options, etc.

Feel free to share your experiences such as what is the largest project you have ever have and the computer specification with us. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Rosana (she/her)