Pix4D Desktop - working offline

Pix4D Desktop (licenced).

Q. On behalf of a colleague currently working in a very remote location. Receiving error message:“Needs Internet access” . Software will not work.

Colleague has no internet access. Any fix please?

Very remote position (48 hours travel from base with internet).

Regards
Michael

Error message specifically “An internet connection is required for this licence. Error e0704”

Any assistance greatly appreciated. Regards, Michael.

Dear Michael,

We got in touch with in order to solve your issue.
Nevertheless I would like to mention that:

• Discovery  mode does not require the internet for processing. Internet is  only  needed the first time that the license will be activated. After the license is activated, processing can be done without an internet connection

• Monthly, yearly or one-time charge license  does not require the internet for processing. Internet is  only  needed the first time that the license will be activated. After the license is activated, processing can be done without an internet connection.

• Trial  requires Internet

Best

Hi Marco
Your advice is incorrect. We have logged in previously online, but now the product will not work offline. We have a licensed copy of Desktop.

Hi Michael,

You are using a Trial License that’s why, as it is said above, internet connection is required.

Best

Hi Marco, my colleague informed me he purchased a licensed copy (with an 8 digit licence number).

I apologise if I have been misinformed.

Regards
Michael