PIX4D ans Leica BLK2GO

Hello,

Before launching a purchase that might not meet my real needs, I would like to know if the data from a Leica BLK2GO is compatible with PIX4D.

I would like to know if the data from the BLK2GO will be compatible with the aerial surveys done by my fellow dronists in order to complete areas where they will be passing such as underpasses or bridges, etc.

Thanks for all your answers :wink:

Hi @johan.detilloux ,

Welcome to our Community!
As far as I know BLK2GO creates pointclouds (.las or .laz files) which can be imported on PIX4Dsurvey. You could process the aerial surveys into PIX4Dmatic for example, export the pointcloud and import the 2 pointclouds (from the aerial survey and from the BLK2GO) into PIX4Dsurvey to combine them and vectorize or export them. Would this be something you are interested in? What is the final result you would wish to achieve if I may ask?

Best,

Hello,

Thank you for your reply

The aim is to put together in a single point cloud a survey of a section of road with an underpass or other installation where the drone will not be able to go and to produce a single rendering from several sources?

best.

Hi @johan.detilloux ,

In your case then and since you are interested in exporting a combined pointcloud, I would suggest processing the aerial surveys into PIX4Dmatic for example, export the pointcloud and import the 2 pointclouds (from the aerial survey and from the BLK2GO) into PIX4Dsurvey to combine them and export them. Here is an article related to combining pointclouds in PIX4Dsurvey:

If you would like to contact our Sales team you can get in touch with them from the following link:

Best,