Pix4d and Mavic 3 Enterprise RTK

Hello!

We are thinking of retiring our P4P and replacing it with the Mavic 3 Enterprise RTK for stockpile measuring. Ist the latter supported by Pix4d Mapper? If so, wich version is required as we are using 4.2.27 at the moment.
How does the RTK equipped drone workflow differ from the pervious Phantom 4Pro?
Does using a RTK drone free us from the neccesity of using GCP’s?

Best regards,
Romel

Hi @Romel_Sprenk,

The DJI Mavic 3 is already calibrated and added in our database. Regarding the Mavic 3 Enterprise RTK although it is not already calibrated you should still be able to process if the camera parameters on the exif data of the images are correct, as PIX4Dmapper is camera agnostic. This means that you can process images captured with any camera in our software, even if this camera is not added in our database.
The DJI Mavic 3 was added in the 4.8.0 version of PIX4Dmapper but we will be happy to calibrate as well the Mavic 3 Enterprise RTK if you could provide us with a good dataset.

For more:

If you would like to learn more about RTK, PPK and GCPs please have a look at this blogpost and if you still have questions please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Best,

Thank you for the comprehensive answer!
One more question about licensing. If I would like to update our current Pix4d Mapper version to the latest available, what options do I have.
Currently we aren’t on the subscription service but have the perpetual license for the software.

Hi @Romel_Sprenk,

Here is our pricing page:

But I would suggest reaching out to our Sales team to help you out:

If you want me I can put you in contact.

Best,

Hello again,

sorry for the delay.
As far as I understand I should be good with an RTK drone as long as I’m certain that my sites have good data (LTE/4G) coverage, but for good measure I could add a DJI groundstation for the places where the coverage is iffy. My goal is to be free of setting GCP’s, so a recommendation of setting a few just to be sure defeats the purpose of this upgrade.
What are the thoughts on this?

Best regards,
Romel

Hello @Romel_Sprenk,

It depends I would say in the accuracy you are looking for.
Unfortunately plenty of times RTK drones loose connection and add wrong coordinates at the image tags. This of course has an impact on the absolute accuracy of the model. I would say that GCPs /Checkpoints might still be needed.

I know that you would like get free of GCPs but I would say that it depends.

Best,

We are having the same issue wanting to use Ntrip and no GCPs for stockpiles in inaccessible areas with Mavic3E RTK. CORS network is very good, no dropouts , but want data to be coordinated in GDA 94 / 2020 and Ausgeoid heights for presentation in other packages. Just wondering if the mapper update solved the problem
regards,
Glen

Hi @crsurvey

Welcome to Pix4D Community!

About the Vertical coordinate reference system and geoid, we already supporting the following ones in PIX4Dmatic:

For more information, please refer to the following article:

I hope this information helps you.

Have a very nice day!

best regards